Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2004, 04:37 PM

Default Cardroom Questions

For a couple of weeks now, i have been playing 3/6 HE on a cruise ship(the lowest stakes I could find in my area). So far I have been paying for lessons, which is what most people said would happen for a while. I know you guys started playing live at some time. How long did it take you to adjust? I am not new to poker, but i am new to B&M, which i know is way different. Most of these players on this boat are very loose and like to buy in for way too much $$$$. Whats the best way to handle these guys? Buy in high with them? Play tight? If you guys need more info for better advise i'll be happy to give it. But for now, any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 02-16-2004, 02:39 PM

Default Re: Cardroom Questions

I'm assuming that you played internet poker to build your experience until now. What limits and how much time do you have under your belt?

Live 3-6 will usually play somewhere between online $.50-1.00 and $1-2. If this is the lowest game you can find then it may play a bit better, it's probably a blend of rocks and maniacs would be my guess. The best way to beat this game is to play straight forward poker; "play so tight it hurts" is a saying that comes to mind, but I don't remember who said it. Basically, you don't want to get tricky, bet the best hand, and never bluff. You can expect to get sucked out on very frequently.

When I play low-limit poker, I try to win one big POT an hour. The reason I say pot and not bet, is I usually try to break even on mediocre hands, and make one really good multiway hand an hour (flush, straight, boat), which can usually be good for 15-20 big bets.