Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2004, 05:04 PM

Default Bad Beat Screenshots

I've played a lot of partypoker $25pl and nl and I like to take screenshots of the funny showdowns.

The first one is a hand where I got [K,K] raised to $2 preflop, [9,9] and [2,2] are my only callers, flop came [a,k,9] 9s slowplays by checking, I do as well, and the 2s takes a free card. He catches his dead out on the turn, 9s bets out for the pot, I raise all-in, 2s thinks for a really long time and finally calls... as does 9s.. we all end up with boats on the river

The second hand someguy got [5,5] flopped the overfull [5, 3, 3] slowplayed it by checking... the turn came a two [5, 3, 3, 2] the 5s checked again, this time the 2s caught the underfull and bet out around $2, 5s ust calls him, river brings the second 2, 5s checks again, 2s bet out $2 again, and 5s reraises him all-in, 2s quickly calls and wins.

I like this hand a lot because it's the worst statistical suck-out possible in hold 'em, 2s needed 2 exact running cards on the flop to win (the other 2s)

Old 02-12-2004, 07:50 PM

Default Re: Bad Beat Screenshots

Wow does that second hand suck for the fives.

SpaceAce
Old 02-12-2004, 07:53 PM

That ace on the river in #1 before seeing the hands must have made you throw up huh [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-12-2004, 09:22 PM

very much so. Based on the slowplaying on the flop and the action on the turn, I figured I was facing AK, even though I had 2 kings, so there were only two possible combinations of the hand after the ace came on the river.
Old 02-13-2004, 12:57 AM

This is one of the cool features of PokerTracker, you can replay hands. Great to learn from your play or to replay those massive suckouts.