Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2004, 05:50 PM

Default Is my Flush good

Loose sort of passive Party 1/2

Dealt 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in MP. 3 limpers to me, I call, button limps, SB folds, BB checks

6 to the flop which is A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Checked to me, I bet, button calls all others fold.

2 to the turn which is 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] I bet, Button raises, I 3-bet and the button caps. I call.

River is 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Do I bet or check here?

Comments on other streets would be cool as well.
Old 02-06-2004, 06:02 PM

Default Re: Is my Flush good

check and call a bet. When the button called your flop bet and capped the turn when the flush hit, what did you put him on?

I think you played it fine (if you check-called the river), and just ran into a bigger flush.
Old 02-06-2004, 06:03 PM

If you bet, you're going to get raised unless he has something like a Queen-high flush and decides you have the King. I check-call this.

SpaceAce
Old 02-06-2004, 06:08 PM

No, because a good portion of the hands you would have beaten on the turn just improved to beat you.
Old 02-06-2004, 06:34 PM

Thanks for the comments all... I did check-call the river. I was pretty sure that I was beaten by a flush, and the river card pretty much took care of any of the other hands that might have capped the turn...

However, he showed 7-4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] for the smaller flush. I guess that's why you check-call rather then folding [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-06-2004, 06:41 PM

Preflop - call is good with 98s. By the book.

Flop - bet is good. Middle pair with flush draw. It's checked to you and you want to get some money in the pot.

Turn - I would want to know what kind of player this is, but rarely do I get that luxury at Party. So, some deductive reasoning? How could the 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] have helped him with preflop calling hands from the button? Do you put him on KX [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or QX [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] both of which are reasonable calls preflop from the button? Or could he have called preflop with A3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] for instance and be willing to cap the turn with two pair against a board with three [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]'s and only four outs to his boat? He may not have raised on the flop after hitting his ace with no kicker at that point, but I'm not so sure. You don't have the nuts, but there aren't too many hands that can beat you right now. I vote for capping the betting like you did.

River: I don't see the 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] helping him on the river. If the board pairing 5's completed his full house, you should have seen much more aggressive betting on the flop, and less on the turn. I would bet out, and call if raised. Maybe he does have KX [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] after all [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img].
Old 02-06-2004, 06:55 PM

Checkcall river, rest is good.