Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2004, 06:03 PM

Default Party/Empire partner with 2+2 team

Hi. In the past 6 months since I began lurking and posting on these forums, I have noticed a marked increase in my win rates at both Party and Empire.

I was going to write a note about how wonderful these forums were with all of the excellent posters, advice and discussion as I felt it was obvious that some leaks in my game had been plugged as a result of these forums.

After studying my records, the exact date that my win rates began to increase corresponds exactly to the day I registered on 2+2.

Was this a coincidence?

This got me thinking.....

Had my play really improved?
Had I actually learned anything here?
Had I really fixed some "leaks" in my game?

Then I recalled the one "leak" that I have apparently never fixed and actually the only one I have ever had. That is the "leak" that allows me to believe, even for an instance, that my play was, is, or ever could be, less than stellar.

Given that my always flawless play could not have possibly improved (you cannot improve on perfect), why had my win rate increased?

Now that I was thinking clearly again (I had fixed my only leak), I retraced my steps over the last 6 months to see where the answer might lie.

There was a lot of ground to cover, with all of the playing on Party and Empire, registering on 2+2, reading and posting about correct plays, playing styles, short-handed, NL, SNG's, Multis, PLO8, bots, collusion, teams.........hey....wait a minute.

Playing on Party and Empire
Registering on 2+2
Teams

And Voila !! The answer hit me like a ton of bricks.

I have discovered the secret that 2+2 and Party/Empire have kept hidden for so long.

Registered users of 2+2 are not excellent players.
They are not smarter than the rest.

Yes they are winning players, but it is not because of skill or knowledge.

It is because they have teamed with Party/Empire. I have not played at any other sites in the last 6 months so I cannot speak to arrangements that 2+2 has with any other online sites, but it would seem from the success that 2+2'ers enjoy at the other sites, that they have teamed with other online sites also. But of course 2+2'ers also enjoy incredible success in live games as well, so they have obviously made arrangements with B&M establishments worldwide.

Now I don't claim to know how they have done this. And I don't care. I am a registered user and have been enjoying the advantages since becoming one.

My only concern is ... what happens if everyone joins the 2+2 team? Hopefully they will limit the number of registered users they allow. If everyone belongs to 2+2, there will be no one left to have an advantage over.

(Am I am paranoid thinking everyone will join 2+2 and it will be over? Does this also extend to Hotel discounts?)
Old 02-03-2004, 06:30 PM

Default Re: Party/Empire partner with 2+2 team

Maybe Tuesday?

Edit: If not, especially after 3 PM, depending on time zone.