Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2004, 05:33 PM

Default my hand improved, but the calling stations really came alive....

party 2/4

i'm dealt AKo in LP
3 limpers to me and i raise. CO cold calls, blinds fold, all 3 limpers fold.

flop: As 8s 2d
checked to me, i bet, CO and first limper call, other 2 fold.

turn: 9d
checked to me, i bet, both call.

river: Ad
checked to me, i bet, CO raises, and UTG check-3-bets.

do you drop your strong hand in fear of runner/runner flush or a weak two pair that filled up, or do you stay along for the ride?
Old 02-03-2004, 06:13 PM

Default Re: my hand improved, but the calling stations really came alive....

I'd stay along for the ride. No way in hell they're pushign me out of this one. You might be beat though, but owell. Not a time to save bets.

/edit the more i think about it the more I think your beat. I don't think the CO has you though, I'd be more affraid of the utg. No way in hell he's bluffing, less he's a maniac, you've shown strength the whole time and then another player showed strength, no way he's getting you to fold.

I'd still call though, but dammit i think you're beat.
Old 02-03-2004, 06:37 PM

call begrudgingly.

"a weak two pair that filled up"

Aces up would have likely spoken up on the flop or turn, as would have a set, and although the diamonds are a likely candidate there are enough LAG types in these games to make this call getting like 22-2 assuming CO just calls.
Old 02-03-2004, 06:42 PM

You don't give us any reads on the players, so I'm assuming at least reasonable opponents, not 2 maniacs.

I'd make the crying call for one raise, but I can't believe I can beat both guys here.

There's a lot of reasonable hands that could have played this way (JT[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 88, 22, A8, A9, A2 although you'd expect an earlier raise from most of these hands) and a lot of unreasonable hands (soooooooted) that can't be good for you right now. And you can't even be certain that CO won't cap.

Vs. 2 raises (especially a c/r) I have to lay this down (at least I hope I can). Not happy, but if I know I'm beat, then why pay 'em off.
Old 02-03-2004, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There's a lot of reasonable hands that could have played this way

[/ QUOTE ]

turns out there are a couple of unreasonable hands as well. i was pretty sure i was beat, but i couldn't make this fold. i made a crying call, and then had to make a really crying call when CO capped. that was probably my worst call of the hand, but i was getting about a zillion to one odds at that point. they have to both be bluffing once in a zillion hands, right? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

CO turned over KQs for the nut flush (why he called on the flop with absolutely nothing but runner runner outs i'll never understand). not only that, but i was in 3rd place behind UTG who had J8s for the non-nut flush and called to the river with flopped second pair.

the more i think about it, the more i agree that i should have been able to make that fold with two raises back to me. if there had been two of the flush suit on the flop, i can make that fold without much trouble, but it's so much harder to believe runner/runner flushes, especially with the fact that people will often go crazy with a hand like A6 when they make trips like that. however, they couldn't BOTH have had an ace, so i'd have to know one was quite a maniac before i can believe i'm ahead of two raising hands there.