Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-03-2004, 12:15 AM

Default Uninvited from a home poker game :(

Hi guys,

I was recently contacted through homepokergames.com by a guy in Memphis holding weekly tournaments. I showed up with my girlfrend for one of their tournaments and I thought that I was very friendly/sociable etc. Since it was a NL tournament (and not a ring game), I didn't really have a chance to "lose some chips back to them". Heck, I didn't even win the thing, I came in 3rd. The guy holding the game told me they were always looking for more people and to also bring some friends, so I invited a fellow 2+2'er/friend of mine and his girlfriend. We wound up being at a different table from them, and the 2+2'er friend wound up winning the thing.

I believe my friend and his girlfriend went back one or two times and the girlfriend never finished in the money, but the 2+2'er usually did well. Anyways, I just received an e-mail from the guy saying that several of the guys' friends were uncomfortable playing with us, etc. So we aren't invited back.

Anyways, my question is have any of you guys had this sort of stuff happen? When they asked what I did for a living (I am 19), I told them that I lived with my parents and was a bum (not that I played poker online for a living). I didn't wear sunglasses to the tournament or in any way act like I really knew what I was doing. If you guys have any stories to share, I'd love to hear them, and also any suggestions on what to do in the future to prevent this from happening, because I really enjoy playing IRL and can't yet because I am not 21. Thanks,

-Brian