Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2004, 03:54 PM

Default 45s in the BB

Party 2/4, haven't been here long, no reads. I'm dealt 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the BB. 1 limper, SB completes.

Flop: J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB checks, I check, limper bets, SB calls, I call. I figured I'd see the turn for one small bet with my open ender.

Turn: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] This is where it gets interesting.

SB checks, I check, limper bets, SB raises, I 3-bet, limper calls, SB caps, both call. At this point I figure SB caught 2-pair, maybe trips, maybe 45.

River: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB checks, I bet, limper folds, SB check-raises. Do you raise, call, or fold here?

I'm thinking perhaps my biggest error was calling the small bet on the flop. But at party 2/4 it it gets checked around, the last to act will bet 95% of the time.

What about the turn action? Definite 3-bet right?
Old 02-02-2004, 04:05 PM

Default Re: 45s in the BB

I'd call the river bet.

I'd also bet out on the flop. You're going to call a bet anyway, right? But you've got a reasonable chance of taking it down right there if nobody has a J or a spade draw.
Old 02-02-2004, 04:32 PM

Don't even think about folding here.

SB was capping on the turn, so likely has trips and not a flush.

I would call, but raising might be ok too.
Old 02-02-2004, 05:48 PM

You should bet the flop. You could take it down right then and there. Getting the limper to fold would be good. Getting them both to fold would be even better. If you don't, you still have outs.
Old 02-03-2004, 09:15 AM

Default Results

The SB rivered me. He turned over 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 02-03-2004, 10:22 AM

Default Re: Results

Did you raise or call on the river and why?
Old 02-03-2004, 11:50 AM

Default Re: Results

I only called his check-raise because of the three spades on board. Would you (or anybody) 3-bet here? I really didn't think he was on a stone-cold bluff and that is the only hand that he would potentially laydown.
Old 02-03-2004, 01:42 PM

Definite 3 bet turn. No problem with just calling flop with low straight draw to overcard/flush draw. C/r on river is a problem, but why does SB raise on the turn? Hard to put anyone on a hand in 2/4, especially out of SB. Just call on river and hope he's playing only his own hand and not thinking about yours.
Old 02-03-2004, 02:28 PM

I can't believe all these people are telling you to just call on the river. 99% of the time when somebody checkraise/caps the turn like that they aren't going to have a 4 flush...it's just too bad he had the straight too. I say raise his ass on the river cause you have 2nd nuts and he sure isn't playing like he's got the flush. I woulda lost 2 more bets, but I think 9 out of 10 times I'll gain a bet or 2. Don't be results oriented.