Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-31-2004, 05:58 AM

Default Good apartments in Vegas?

I live in California and regard Hollywood's poker games as the softest anywhere. However, I am dead tired of risking my life on the 101 and commuting everyday to play poker. Really, I'm just in need of a new atmosphere in general so I'm moving to Vegas. I'll be driving out later this week to do some apartment hunting. I am not very demanding at all and will be more than happy with a studio apartment under $400/month. What are some good apartment complexes in close proximity to poker rooms (I play 6/12 - 8/16 limit hold 'em)?

I'd possibly like to live in walking distance from bus lines. I have a car, but I prefer to commute via metro if it is efficient in Vegas. Are the bus lines in Vegas good?

Also, I've only played the Bellagio and Mirage. I have a feeling that I'm going to miss Hollywood's great comps and free meals. Are these the best places to play, or are there better places with better comps for my limits (6/12, 8/16)?

Please help, I'm in dire need of apartment advice.

Thanx