Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2004, 06:11 PM

Default Blinds defense

I’m usually the tightest player at the table. Therefore, everyone targets my BB. I think some guys raise me without looking at their cards. What are the lowest hands you can defend the big blind with in this situation?
Old 01-27-2004, 06:18 PM

Default Re: Blinds defense

Hello,

I habitually defend my BB, especially if it is going to be HU with a raisor--especially if I have any reads on him, or if I know I can out play him after the flop.

The cards I have take a backdoor to those kinds of considerations.

Calvin
Old 01-28-2004, 12:19 AM

Default Re: Blinds defense

If you notice that the button or CO is consistently trying to steal your BB, I would call with a rag A or better as a defense. I'm not a big fan of defending with a rag K. If I had a marginal to solid hand (KQo for example) I would pop that person back. KJo and KTs are also hands I might be inclined to re-raise with. It depends on your opponent and your table image. If they view you as tight, JTs might win you some money with a re-raise. If your opponent is a maniac, 87s becomes a better hand to limp with when defending. Some people will defend every BB, but how "in love" could you be with 82o in the face of a raise? [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Joe