Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2004, 02:24 PM

Default Suggestion to PRIMA/RVP/TGC , etc.

Lag notwithstanding, I play quite a few hours per day at PRIMA. It is extremely annoying that, if I don't register ON THE FIRST SECOND OF THE FIRST MINUTE the registration is open, there are always 1000 people ahead of me and I miss my entry into the freerolls.

To aggravate that, my cash game gets slowed down almost to a halt (5 minutes elapsed before I sat out of my cash game and closed the software in disgust after I missed AGAIN my freeroll entry).

My guess is that you have a BIG LOT of TOTAL freeloaders at the PRIMA sites, that DO NOT EVER PAY for even one rake a week.

My suggestion is to limit freeroll participation to people that put in a nominal amount of action per day or week or something. I believe that even if you set the bar very low, i.e. 7 rakes a week, you will cut LAG PROBLEMS substantially, will enhance ring games to regular players, and also allow the same regulars to register to the freerolls.

I don't know. That's my suggestion out of a lot of frustration AGAIN. Everything is smooth till FREELOADER time hits...
Old 01-23-2004, 02:31 PM

Default Re: Suggestion to PRIMA/RVP/TGC , etc.

I agree. Bringing new players to a site is the last thing a poker site wants.
Old 01-23-2004, 02:37 PM

I posted 7 rakes a week. If that's too much, then give them X number of freerolls before they are required the 7 rakes. If someone plays 10 freerolls and doesn't put 7 rakes, it's pretty much a waste of time/money for the site. It doesn't have to be exact, just an idea.
Old 01-23-2004, 02:48 PM

I only play the nightly 3k freeroll and that already has a raked hand requirement of 50 hands. I had just assumed the other freerolls also had some requirments.

I think charging some miniscule amount for these 'freerolls' would also help. Charge a $.01

Or require that you have a balance in order to participate in the freerolls.

Sam
Old 01-23-2004, 02:49 PM

Freerolls are limited to people who have played 25 raked hands in the last 24 hours, or did they up it to 50? I don't remember but it is based on hands played.

i.e. 7 rakes a week

Could you translate this? What are rakes? Can you pluralize rake in this context? Huh? John Shaft?
Old 01-23-2004, 02:50 PM

Default Re: Public Relations Disaster

I agree these slowness issues have crippled Prima(Royal Vegas for me).I have lost total respect for Prima that they havent fixed these problems.I am on a 1.50 mb dsl line w/1200k throuput..and I have not been able to sign up for any of these freerolls for the last week.Not only that the client locks up and freezes...and then usually I cant even log back in for 4-5 minutes.
PRIMA should have fixed this weeks/months ago.
It blows my mind that a company can be so stupid..Spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on promos and overlays and NOT spend money on the most important thing ..building decent software with a robust network infratructure.

Not too bright are we Prima.Worst of all they havent fixed the issues.The continued festering issues is talked about over and over in public forums like this one-very bad PR.All the money Prima spent on building up its reputation w/ players has been torn down by crap like this..Crappy software and crappy infrastructure ..blows my mind..how dumb these guys are.
If your system literally crashes/comes to halt everytime say 500-1500 people log on to enter a tourney.FIX IT...get rid of the tournies or make them only available to loyal cash players.IF you decide to keep the freerolls buy more servers but bigger servers rebuild the kernel ..get more software developers..do something fools..but dont just let this fester .This is a public relations disaster.PRIMA has already lost face...the longer chit like this happens the less I play there in any games whether they cash games or any type of tournies.
Old 01-23-2004, 03:59 PM

I second this idea. Having these free-rolls be completely free is just shooting yourself in the foot. Twice. First you're giving away money for people who never intend to make a deposit anyway, and second you severely reduce rake income from people who are slowed down because of the lag. Some people outright refuse to play at your site when there's a free roll, me included.

I agree that promotions to bring in new players is very important. So one idea would be to flag new accounts to allow (let's say) 10 free-roll entries. After that require some raked hands (or entry fee from SnGs). You have to figure that the people who played in 10 freerolls and have tried the software out and still have not deposited any money are proabably never going to do that anyway.
Old 01-23-2004, 07:04 PM

One small problem from the Prima skins on this issue...

If one of the "total freerollers" does place in the money, play they then do on that freeroll money does generate rakes and profit for the skin that did. So you won't see the skins doing that any time soon, as it only shoots themselves in the foot. Instead, just get a server that can handle the load man!