Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2004, 08:04 PM

Default 2+2 Table is open at Party

AliasMrJones's Pvt Table 1
Password is twoplustwo

Please join - its lonely here all by myself.
Old 01-20-2004, 09:24 PM

Default Re: 2+2 Table is open at Party

Bump
Old 01-20-2004, 09:40 PM

Default Can\'t login. Problem at Party?

Says I need to upgrade, but upgrader unavailable. Can't even get to www.partypoker.com. Am I the only one?
Old 01-20-2004, 09:49 PM

Default Me too :( N/M

ME TOO! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Oh.. I am finally able to download it off the site..
Old 01-20-2004, 09:58 PM

Default Got in

Finally got to one part of their website and got a floorperson. They said, "try back in 1 hour." No explanation of the problem. No more communication. Got on 5 mins later.
Old 01-20-2004, 11:16 PM

Default This still goin on? nm

nm!
Old 01-21-2004, 02:01 AM

Default The Maniac Tonight

BTW, there was what I thought was a maniac at the 2+2 table tonight. Caught some good cards, went up a bunch. Ran out of luck and busted out and left. Part of the early going pretty much went like this: maniac raises, Blini raises to isolate, everyone at the table sighs, they bet/raise like crazy and go to showdown. I don't fault Blini as he made the correct play against a maniac. Isolate and take them down. But, mostly the rest of the table just got to watch. Vehn and DougieFresh left while this was going on claiming it wasn't fun and it wasn't useful to anyone. I tend to agree.

When I get to work tomorrow and have access to hand histories, I plan on posting some example hands and calling the maniac out as I don't think this person's play was helpful to anyone but Blini who took most of this person's money. If someone else has a different opinion of this person's play (and everyone who was there knows who I'm talking about) please let me know that I'm whacked. Otherwise, I'll post some sample hands tomorrow and suggest we politely ask the person not to attend any more. (Unless, that is, they will spread their money around to everyone [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])
We've talked at length about the 2+2 table and how to make it a valuable experience to everyone and I think that, for the most part it is, but when people are leaving because of the play of an individual, I think we should do something about it.
Old 01-21-2004, 02:16 AM

Default Re: The Maniac Tonight

It was just dumb. If I wanted to play against someone like that I'd play in the play money games. Its just boring. I went and played against maniacs in 15/30 for real money instead [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-21-2004, 04:03 AM

It's too bad the table got off to a bad start. Fortunately, it turned around as soon as a solid player took that seat. The table just closed down, so we got in many hours of exceptionally good play tonight, but I was sad to see some very good players forced to leave during the first hour or so.

I'm sorry I had to play as I did, but I don't think it would have made much difference if I hadn't. I did get some practice in a situation that is still unusual and scary to me at higher stakes.
Old 01-21-2004, 05:32 AM

As a first timer at the table I had watched three rotations and plucked up the courage to sit down and play for half an hour or so.

It was wild the person in question had stated they were aiming to play 80% of their hands and basically it was a raise or fold table when openeing. In the 40 minutes I stayed I think there was one hand where there was 4 limpers and no raise (I think I took it with my pocket 77's [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]).

It did highlight how to play a maniac and as such I have some good hand histories for examples of it. But if the table is structured like that all the time loose aggressive generally heads up I could see that other newbies could be hesistant to sit down.

I expected a tough tight game but wasnt really able to play my "normal" game which I thought the idea of it was a social game where we could hopefully improve our game getting in common situations where our play could be critiqued and discussed.

From my point of view I enjoyed it I have been saying a few times this last week that my heads up/short handed play is a weakness and it gave me a chance to test my mettle against a bunch of good players.

I could see however that if other new/inexperienced players are coming there they could be put off by how the table was during my time there as it was pretty intimidating.