Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2004, 12:19 PM

Default Moral dilemma. (O/T)

Here's a dilemma for you.... With all your honour and dignity what would you do?

This test only has one question, but it's a very important one. Please don't answer it without giving it some serious thought. By giving an honest answer you will be able to test where you stand morally.

The test features an unlikely, completely fictional situation, where you will have to make a decision one way or the other. Remember that your answer needs to be honest, yet spontaneous. Please scroll down slowly and consider each line - this is important for the test to work accurately.

You're in Florida...In Miami, to be exact. There is great chaos going on around you, caused by a hurricane and severe floods. There are huge masses of water all over you. You are a CNN photographer and you are in the middle of this great disaster The situation is nearly hopeless. You're trying to shoot very impressive photos. There are houses and people floating around you, disappearing into the water. Nature is showing all its destructive power and is ripping everything away with it.
Suddenly you see a man in the water, he is fighting for his life, trying not to be taken away by the masses of water and mud. You move closer. Somehow the man looks familiar.

Suddenly you know who it is - it's George W. Bush!

At the same time you notice that the raging waters are about to take him away, forever. You have two options. You can save him or you can take the best photo of your life. So you can save the life of George W. Bush, or you can shoot a Pulitzer prize winning photo, a unique photo displaying the death of one of the world's most powerful men.

And here's the question (please give an honest answer):

v

v

v

v

v

v

Would you select colour film, or rather go with the simplicity of classic black and white?

Old 01-17-2004, 02:52 PM

Default Re: Moral dilemma. (O/T)

so %$@!^##@ funny, arent you from England? i thank God everday we have a man like Bush running our country so people like you are free to express your inane attempts at lame humor.
have a nice day [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 01-17-2004, 03:00 PM

i thank God everday we have a man like Bush running our country

Don't thank God, thank the court in Florida.

Lori
Old 01-17-2004, 03:43 PM

yeah - like i wrote that, and like i care one way or the other who the butt of the punchline was

ok - substitute tony blair, or Cyndie, or me, into it and see if you can get the joke
Old 01-17-2004, 03:46 PM

President Bush has no bearing at all on the freedoms of speech and freedom act we have today.

For that I thank my grandparents and their generation for the real sacrafices they made in the forties so that I am not now living in Nazi Enland with hitlers great grandson running the country.

If you believe that you are safer cos Bush is in charge and that the "war on Terror" is in full swing then you are deluding yourself.

The attack of 9/11 was terrible (and is a day etched in my memory forever, I will never get the feeling I had seeing the second plane go in and that sound as the towers came down) but you are no more and no less likely to be attacked by terrorists than in the leadup to that day and the measures and policies being put in place on the back of it seem draconian.

From October even though I am a citizen of your biggest ally, have never been arrested, have no links to any political or any other party (excepty party poker) on entering your country I will have to be photographed and have my fingerprints taken, my fingerprints are not on my governments records and I dont understand why your government needs it when all I want is to take my family to disneyland or to vegazs or wherever else us brits like to go.

How will this measure stop terrorism? You have thousands of miles of borders if terrorists are so scared of having their fingerprints taken I am sure they will find a way to get in anyway.

Instead of coming down on someone on a messageboard for what was an innocent and amusing joke, I suggest you do some searching on the internet and try and find out why someone wants to fly planes into your buildings, why they would give their lives for that cause, or why a young mother of two decieded to strap a bomb to herself and detonate it in a public area leaving her 1 and 3 year old children as orphans.

Yes these people are extremists but what drives them so that they want to kill you or me neither of us have been to their countrys or done anything to them so why do they want to kill us.

Michael Moore isnt a bad starting point btw although he has his own political agendas some of the facts particulary the links between the Bush's and corporations that are doing well out of the war on terror and some of the background to it are eyeopening to say the least.
Old 01-17-2004, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
thank the court in Florida.

[/ QUOTE ]

Florida's Supreme Court did everything it could to give the election to Gore. If you want to thank anyone, thank the inept Florida voters who supposedly wanted to vote for Gore, but somehow couldn't. A group of newspapers commissioned a recount and Bush would have won with the recount Gore wanted.

[ QUOTE ]
So much for might-have-beens.

Had Al Gore gotten the Florida vote recount he wanted, George W. Bush would still be president today, winning by a margin of 1,665 votes.

[/ QUOTE ]

USA Today
Old 01-17-2004, 04:35 PM

Sorry Jim for any offense.

One of the greatest recurring mistakes made by Brits (myself more than anyone) is that because the majority of us couldn't care less who governs the country, we assume that Americans think the same way.

The mistake Americans make in the same conversation is not realising that we think politics is one big joke, and we mean no harm.

Lori
Old 01-17-2004, 05:58 PM

The real conflict in this world is between people who have strong ideals, but are afraid to use military force, and people who are all too willing to use force, but don't have much care for ideals. It's not about individuals (Bush, Blair, Cyndie, etc.), there are larger forces at work here. But as long as democracy is promoted and defended I think the world becomes a better and better place.
Old 01-17-2004, 06:21 PM

Default Black and White, Baby

So true Lori about the attitude in Britain to politics. And, it seems, the diametrically opposed viewpoint of the US to politics compared to us.

I belive the attitude of people in the UK stems from our belief that we are not choosing the best leader for our country, no matter who runs.
It's like saying "who do you want to run your country. Hitler or Stalin?".
I'm not comparing our leaders to genocidal dictators, but merely stating that our choice seems to be an illusion. We are constantly given our 'choice' of leaders, both of whom are self-serving disingenious politicians.

FWIW, though I have used my right to vote at every election, and will continue to. Even though I believe there will never be a candidate I think is a good leader.
Every election I pick the leader of the major party (Labour/Tory) that is NOT in power. I do this because I beliefve the best I can do is to limit the power of our leadership by limiting them to one term, and thus defeating Maggi-multi term complacency.

Wow. Politics and Poker. GREAT mix. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Hob·son's choice n.
An apparently free choice that offers no real alternative.
----------------------------------------------------------
[After Thomas Hobson (1544?-1630), English keeper of a livery stable, from his requirement that customers take either the horse nearest the stable door or none.]
Old 01-17-2004, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry Jim for any offense.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't offended, notice I didn't complain about Mike's post. There just is a misconception that somehow the courts gave the election to Bush and that isn't the case. What is really funny (if you read the article) is each candidates' method of counting would have given the election to the other guy.