Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2004, 03:26 PM

Default Some Info about Choice poker

As I posted before, the owner/operator maintains residency in texas. As we all know, it is not legal to run a gambling site within the United States, regardless of where the server resides.

The reason I point this out, is to question the safety of player's deposits.

Perhaps choice poker would like to have a look at the federal wire act, which states:

"Whoever being engaged in the business of betting or wagering knowingly uses a wire communication facility for the transmission in interstate or foreign commerce of bets or wagers or information assisting in the placing of bets or wagers on any sporting event or contest, or for the transmission of a wire communication which entitles the recipient to receive money or credit as a result of bets or wagers, or for information assisting in the placing of bets or wagers, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than two years, or both."

Now just because choice poker does not offer sports bets is irrelevant .. Read on.

"Despite the divergent views . . . the official position as expressed by the Justice Department and several state attorneys general is to treat the Wire Act as applying broadly and covering all forms of Internet gaming"

Last time I checked Texas residents were not immune from the wire act.

How safe could a player's money be on your site, considering the risk of your company being shut down at any time?
Old 01-16-2004, 03:33 PM

Default Re: Some Info about Choice poker

Your an idiot
Old 01-16-2004, 03:35 PM

"Your an idiot"

I hope you eat your words, when the place gets shut down. Do you plan on depositing there husker?

You can't say no one warned you.

My comments were valid.
Old 01-16-2004, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My comments were valid.

[/ QUOTE ]

So is mine....
Old 01-16-2004, 03:39 PM

"So is mine.... "

Keep living in your fantasy world.
Old 01-16-2004, 03:40 PM

Location: Poker is like sex, I have no idea what I am doing and most of the time it is done sitting infront of a computer by myself-NC

abs, i assume you enjoy the game of poker and you want to see it grow and become more popular/mainstream(what have you) in the future. i also assume you play over the internet since you post on an internet poker forum. why do you go to such lengths to point out possible legality's in other people/entities actions? are you internet police? once again i am dumbfounded by you.
Old 01-16-2004, 03:42 PM

"abs, i assume you enjoy the game of poker and you want to see it grow and become more popular/mainstream(what have you) in the future."

You are most certainly correct. The only problem is, that I nor anyone else should support a pokersite operated in the United States. There have been several individuals convicted and sites been shut down for doing this exact thing.

Furthermore, the sole reason I brought it up was to bring up issues with the security of player's deposits.
Old 01-16-2004, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

There have been several individuals convicted and sites been shut down for doing this exact thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll make this easy, name one.

Old 01-16-2004, 03:51 PM

Gabyyyy,

You wrote: The only problem is, that I nor anyone else should support a pokersite operated in the United States. There have been several individuals convicted and sites been shut down for doing this exact thing.---

Like I have stated we are not "operated" in the U.S. I have nothing further to say except that I can put you in touch with our Cost Rican lawyers on this matter.

Until then, we would in all fairness appreciate your respect to not spread such false rumors regarding our operation.

Regards,

Jon Comer
Old 01-16-2004, 03:52 PM

Dear Choice Poker,

These are very serious issues that gabvvvvv brings up. I know I was thinking about depositing some funds there, now I am not sure. How do you respond?