Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2004, 07:29 PM

Default ChoicePoker.com Grand Opening!

Is tomorrow at 12PM EST.

The ChoicePoker.com Staff wants to thank all of you on this board who have given feedback on our site so far and have helped with play during our beta-testing.

As a reminder we are opening with the folowing promotions...

35% deposit bonus up to $150

$1,000 to $10,000 new player freeroll

$500 to $10,000 loyalty points freeroll

Multiple daily splash pots and high hand promotions

Charter Membership that allows players to make a 30% permanent rake rebate on their own play.

Also, we will soon be launching a series of daily add-on multi-table tournaments.

$3500 "Make the Choice" referral competition

Thanks again to all of you we have corresponded with and a warm welcome to the rest of you to make the "choice" and come and check us out!

Sincerely,

Jon Comer and the ChoicePoker.com Staff
Old 01-15-2004, 07:38 PM

Default Re: ChoicePoker.com Grand Opening!

Apologies for the typos on the last post, I actually hit the submit button by accident.

There are a few more points of interest in response to some of your comments and feedback so far.

First, for those of you who are affiliates and expressed interest in a rake system that would calculate rake by dividing the rake equally by the number of players at the table each hand, we have now added this capability. You can choose from our previous system or the new one. The % remains at 30%.

We have also lowered rake on our 2/4 and 3/6 tables.

Thanks Again,

Jon Comer
Old 01-15-2004, 07:47 PM

Choice Guy. I fear that you are going to face the wrath of some posters. It is frowned upon and against the rules to start a new thread that is promotional in nature (this is regardless of the fact if you buy banners or not). I do find what you had to post appropriate and interesting. However, in the future to avoid the negativity of some posters who really dislike "spam" you should just tag this post to the bottom of an old thread in reply to choice.

Old 01-15-2004, 08:52 PM

I personally have no problem with this post. As long as it doesn't appear every week. They are having their grand opening and he's announcing what they're having for it. Its little different then when someone announces a new UB deposit bonus. As long as the same thing isn't repeated over and over, it should be fine. Of course I'm really an SSer so what do I know [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-15-2004, 09:30 PM

I agree with you CZ and part of the reason i posted was to try and stop the first reply from being an outright attack. This type of post really is informative in nature in my opinion and does not reak of affiliate type spam.

I also noticed that someone had notified the moderator and i was about the 10th viewer of the post. I actually did not plan to notify the moderator but instead was curious to see if someone else already had. To check this you can just hit the "notify moderator" icon and if it asks you if you are sure you want to then nobody has yet. But if it gives the notice that it has already been reported then it has been reported.
Old 01-15-2004, 09:34 PM

Default Mat, be kind, this post has use and they own banners

I personally find this to be informative as it is an initial post of the terms of their opening and affiliate program that the majority of this forum will use.
Old 01-15-2004, 09:39 PM

It appears your affiliate signup page has a bug where you are required to submit a 'raketype' choice, but there is no place on the page that offers you one.
Old 01-15-2004, 09:54 PM

Accordingly to the web site, the deposit bonus is really only a 30% rake rebate.

"ChoicePoker.com has developed a unique way of allowing players to benefit from promotions and bonuses, called Choice Cash.

Traditionally, certain bonuses, such as "deposit bonuses," have been paid ONLY once a player plays a certain large number of hands (normally 5 times the amount of the bonus!) in a certain short period of time (first thirty days typically). If this quota is not met then the bonus is never paid.

At ChoicePoker.com, however, such bonuses can be earned immediately!

For example, once a player receives a Choice Cash bonus, he/she will automatically start receiving 30 cents of this Choice Cash for every $1 in rake he/she personally contributes during play. This amount will be paid in $10 increments, and the player will continue to receive these increments as that player continues to play, until the total Choice Cash amount is released."

Old 01-15-2004, 10:05 PM

Default Re: Mat, be kind, this post has use and they own banners

I anyone thinks we were spamming, I apologize, it was not our intention. We have noted this for the future.

Thanks for the heads up.

Jon Comer
Old 01-16-2004, 06:36 AM

This is no more spam than The Gaming Guys posts and the development guy from Party Poker, and to a point the guy that does Poker Tracker.

If its two way dialogue and they are looking to inprove their product as well as making announcements when new features come on board or are up for consideration then yes there is some advertising benefits to them but as players we should get a benefit as well in improved sites.

Spam to me is coming on and every week saying come play at our site we are the best look at the fabby deposits or rake rebates we have with nothing constructive.