Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2004, 12:14 AM

Default SnG stats?

How many SnG's should one have played to have a statistically large enough size to see how you are doing? What should your in the money % be to move up from a 10+1 to a 30+3 at Party.
As a side question...Is it just me or are players playing a little better on online SnG's than thet were 6 months ago. When I first started on Paradise I remember that I could sit out the first three levels and 4-6 people would be knocked out cuz everyone would be raising and calling all in with nothing. Now the play isn't great but people are alot more patient. Thanks for any input.
Old 01-12-2004, 05:21 AM

Default Re: SnG stats?

[ QUOTE ]
How many SnG's should one have played to have a statistically large enough size to see how you are doing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't know...anyone else, would be quite interested to find out...bump

As for players getting better, I have noticed that too, especially at NLHE on Stars a few months back you would get down to six after mid way into the second level, now it takes much longer for people to go in, and they are playing much tighter.
Old 01-12-2004, 07:06 AM

Default *bump*

Old 01-12-2004, 07:51 AM

Have to RE... My god u sit out first 3 rds? That's when u knock out the weak players... play it through and watch ur percentages jump for christ sakes!

I play 50 sng's - drunk... 30 or 10 (depending on how hammered I am) and I still place regularaly (top 3 atleast) n 30 or 10 when smashed even.. play whole game through tho.. kick those weak playas outin early rds...

That's your whole mistake - why I told u I dunno ... pry cuz I'm drunk LOL
Old 01-12-2004, 07:58 AM

Any constructive replies?
Old 01-12-2004, 08:17 AM

You can reread the first post and see that I said that when I started last summer ago could sit out 3 rounds and let all the weaker players knock themselves out but seeing that you are drunk and all I can see why you would mis-read what I wrote.
Old 01-12-2004, 08:22 AM

Default OK Kid....

Didn't have to be a msrtass but play 10 buyin trnys.....

40% of the time (rough est) a player will go allin regardless of their hand preflop 1st hand of trny

get yer own sats from there
Old 01-12-2004, 04:20 PM

As opposed to large enough to be accurate, I'd say 100 is large enough to have a clue. There was a debate about this a while back, and all I remember is I seriously under estimated at around 200 or 300, so I'll guess from memory that 600 is good.

As to moving up, it's a matter of taste, but I'll pitch that you need over 40% to still make a profit that registers at the $33 level.

There is not a huge difference between the two levels at Party, but there is a difference.

Lori