Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2004, 05:47 AM

Default 9999 , bet or check-raise?

i have 99 in LP on-line. I open it and next player had auto bet/raise clicked, BB called.

FLOP: 9c Jh Th
BB check, i check, lp bets, sb calls i raise. (wait for this or do it now? I did it for deception, hoping they think i am on Big draw.. and hoping they aren't).
TURN: 9
what to do... check to me, i bet (as i probably would a big draw, or at least thehy would expect me to) pf raiser calls sb folds.
River: blank.
bet out or try to check raise. I figured he was in call down mode with whatever he had (i just sat down a few minutes ago, probably viewed as over-aggressive) so i just bet. Who check/raises here? Anyone?

<font color="white"> ... he called </font>
Old 01-08-2004, 12:10 PM

Default To All Would-Be-Quad-Posters

Hey all,

IMHO, quads come up so infrequently that the five minutes spent considering how they were played and should be played would be better spent in another way. I feel like many others would agree with me.

But incidentally, Eric, on this particular hand, bet the flop so that LP raises and drives out gutshots, etc. This also would have ended up letting you check-raise the turn/river when LP was the last aggressor on the flop. But that's more about playing a set than quads... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

ML4L
Old 01-09-2004, 02:13 PM

Default Re: 9999 , bet or check-raise?

Fold, KQ [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] just got there....don't throw good money after bad
Old 01-09-2004, 03:38 PM

Default Re: To All Would-Be-Quad-Posters

This hand plays the same as full house, etc. so it is not quads specific, so it is ver relevant. Basically this hand would play the same way if he flopped a stright, full house or quads.

I like your idea of betting the flop, hopefully getting raised and check raising the turn.

Given the way hero played it, I would CR the river. His opponent could have AK or AQs hoping to make a pair or straight, in which case he doesn't get anything from him by betting the river. So he could induce a bluff and if his opponent has AA or KK, then his opponent will most likely bet. His opponent could put hero on top 2 pait that got counterfieted by the second 9.

I like the river CR plan as I think it extracts the most amount of money.
Old 01-09-2004, 06:13 PM

Default Agreed n/m