Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2004, 12:07 AM

Location: Turn left at mars and go as far as you can until u hit a stop sign then bear left then third right ...thast were i am ..i think
Default tgc

instead of all these freerolls inc the 50 raked hands for the 3000$ why not award a points system based on raked hands

ie 25c 1 point 50c 2 points etc

have somewere on our accounts were we can check and use these as buys ins instead of having completely free entry tournaments for like 500$ ....

only an idea
Old 01-03-2004, 06:02 AM

Default Re: tgc

SExyBeast -

TGC/Prima are running these freerolls to encourage people to play for real money, not to reward the good players.

The completely "free" freerolls payout small amounts of money to many people who then spend it on the real money tables generating rake for Prima/TGC.

The freerolls requiring a certain number of raked hands are even better for Prima/TGC. A lot of people play more real money hands than they normally would just to qualify for the tourney (More rake). Here again, the prize structure is designed to pay many people small amounts of money, which usually ends up back on the tables the next day.

The other night I played in the 3K freeroll while playing a cash game. Several players on my tourney table were discussing how much money they had lost trying to qualify for the tournament.

Anyway, Prima/TGC has no reason to change the current structure, it is benefitting their bottom line.

My problem with these tourneys is the already slow servers get even slower at the start of the large freerolls.

SF
Old 01-03-2004, 01:16 PM

Location: Turn left at mars and go as far as you can until u hit a stop sign then bear left then third right ...thast were i am ..i think
Default Re: tgc

sword i agree with what u say re encouraging new players however ...

maybe some sort of points system would make more play for real instead of 1200 people just signing on to grab some hope of free cash ......

why not scrap the 2 500$ freerolls a day and have say weekly tournment for those with 1000 rakes in week ??

just a thought thats all ....

all the best folks and happy new year all [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]