Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2003, 05:45 AM

Default 2 pair with 3 diamond flop, what to do???

Last night playing .5-1 blind no limit at my friends house i have T100 in BB and sb has T85. all fold and he makes it 3, we have been stealing all night from each other and i know how to play him when i get a good hand to make a lot of money, but at the same time he is a very solid player (except when it comes to me, we like to make moves on each other cause everyone else in the game is too unaware to put moves on, so we like to test our game against each other.) So i make a rather loose call with Th 3h.

FLOP: Td 4d 3d
he bets 20 after thinking for a second, this eliminates a flush as a possibilty, while the A or K of diamonds is a strong possibility. Also, he could be playing me with the flush, beting out strong to make me think he doesn't have it. I think for a second not sure what to do, but decide i don't give him credit for a flush. I push all in, was this right? results below Questions to consider: Is this raise worth making. Any other ways to play it? should i fold thinking that my hand is venerable (it's 4-handed so almost certainly this can't be right) any comments?

<font color="white"> </font> he starts thinking for a long time and i realize his hand is pretty weak and start talking up a storm (realizing that i might be able to goad him into calling with the A of diamonds alone). It works and oddly enough he calls with Tc Ah so i hold up.
Old 12-31-2003, 07:54 AM

Default Re: 2 pair with 3 diamond flop, what to do???

i don't particularly like the preflop call, but whatever floats your boat.

i'd definitely go for the all-in check-raise here. it is vastly superior to any other course of action.

i might not make this call with AT depending on my read, but it's not really that bad. your play seems a lot like a high diamond that can't beat a pair of tens.