Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2003, 07:33 AM

Default Test Emails from Destiny Poker

I have received 2 test emails from Destiny Poker to 2 of my email accounts that I dont recall ever having registering with Destiny.

This is very disturbing.Why is Destiny sending me emails with 'test" in the text of the email?

Anyone else seen this funky messages in the last day or so.I got mine 1-2 days ago.

I really value my privacy and this is scary and very strange.I have never had a site send me out a "test" email before especially to 2 accounts that I never let the site know are mine in the first place.

I hope they didnt slap some spyware on my system when I checked out their website.
I have Ad Aware and Spybot and everything seems tidy.
Old 12-21-2003, 07:40 AM

Default Re: Test Emails from Destiny Poker

Were either or both of those accounts ever registered with Pro Poker?

Destiny are part of the shady-at-best World Poker Central.

I got test number 3, but I had already been snooping around WPC so I wouldn't be surprised if I gave them my address.

Lori

Old 12-21-2003, 07:46 AM

Aha ..thank you yes..both these accounts were registered with ProPoker.

dont think I'll be giving Destiny any business to say the least.These guys are criminals seriously.

Thnx Lori [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 12-21-2003, 07:52 AM

Just to cover my own rear end here as I am not yet 100% sure that this connection is correct, I was of course simply asking a question and I understand that your answer means that "If Destiny are indeed Pro Poker then these guys are criminals....."

I'm working on it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Lori
Old 12-21-2003, 07:57 AM

This part of this thread may or may not be useful.

As with most dialogues between myself and Cyndie it slides downhill rather quickly.

Lori
Old 12-21-2003, 08:19 AM

Lori one of the 2 email addresses that I had the test email sent to is a Yahoo email address.

The ONLY site I have ever registered to that account is ProPoker.I still get spam from these idiots.I had my own run in with Pro Poker about 10 months ago...they are the scum of the earth.

I was hoping that their fraudulent business practices would have been revealed by now.Is the site still up I dont even know???
Old 12-21-2003, 08:40 AM

I had word from an "early adopter" that the site was up and running with a few small limit games.

He had contact with the site and tried to decipher the incentive program and was given some confusing contradictory information.

I can say that I was offered a free skin with a much higher than average rake share as an incentive to operate a semi prop program by the parent company of Destiny Poker, and turned it down. Since I really approve of rake rebate programs, you can make your own assumptions about the reputation of the people who run the site.

They may not even be doing the same things this time around, but I didn't want to find out. At one point several months ago, I suggested they clear the air about problems, but the response was to go forward without admitting past problems. To me, this indicates a fear of the truth.

Kind of the ostrich mentality of burying your head in the sand and ignoring things. Perhaps it would have worked if I hadn't recognized the similarities.

However, it seems that goodguy would have figured it out too.

P.S. I got test three and one other one a while ago. I did play at ProPoker at one time.
Old 12-21-2003, 09:30 AM

I was hoping that their fraudulent business practices would have been revealed by now.Is the site still up I dont even know???

They have, but who's going to stop them [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

I tried via the KGC with now known results, our only course of action is to keep ahead of them and alert those we can.

Your email thing looks pretty much as close to proof as we are going to get, thanks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Lori
Old 12-21-2003, 08:31 PM

I've received theses e-mails too. I have only registered the relevant e-mail address with ProPoker and a website operated by a former poster on this board (who I confidently believe has no connection with any online poker room).
Old 12-21-2003, 03:13 PM

Well it really isn't to far a reach to say that since they both share the same IP number and that

www.Cncsoftwares.com
www.Destinyclub.com
www.Emperorsclub.net
www.Pokerfacts.com
www.Propoker.com

all are on the same server witht he same IP.