Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2003, 04:54 PM

Default One 5/10 and two 3/6 hands. 3/6 was semi- wild game

Online 5-10. I’m in the big blind with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

EP limps, MP limps, MP2 raises to $10, LP (loose aggressive) cold calls, SB folds, I call the raise as do the limpers

Flop is J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

My hand is nice and disguised coming in from the blinds so I check. MP2 (preflop raiser) bets it, Loose aggressive raises, I make it $15, MP2 calls, Loose aggressive folds

Turn board J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]

I bet out, MP now raises me. I think for a bit and decide to reraise as I don’t put him on J9 or 99 based on his prior actions. He winds up folding to my reraise.

Should I have called and raised him on the river? I think I made the right play because if he’s holding AA, KK, QQ while I would welcome a call I’d rather have him fold than draw out since the pot is large. However, is it a poor raise because I’m only going to get played with (and re-raised) by better hands ?

3/6 online, I have K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in EP. Someone limps in front of me, I raise, MP cold calls, MP2 cold calls, SB calls, BB calls, limper calls.

Flop is A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

It is checked to me, I check because of the large field and someone with a weak ace will not fold in this game, plus I wouldn’t mind the free card since I have backdoor nut outs. There is a bet on my immediate left by MP, MP2 folds, SB calls, BB calls, EP limper folds, I’m getting pot odds of 15-1 with no one to act behind me so I call.

Turn board: A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]

It gets checked around, had MP bet again I would've folded.

River is A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]

SB now bets out, BB calls, I find this bet highly suspicious so I call, MP calls behind me.

Same wild game as the previous

I’m in LP with K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. 2 EP players limp, I limp, button limps, SB folds and BB checks.

Flop is T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BB checks, EP1 bets, EP2 calls, I call, button calls, BB folds

Turn board: T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]

EP bets, EP2 folds, I call (I didn’t raise because there are several holdings out there that beat me, and I want to get the overcalls if I do have the best hand rather than isolating the superior hand.), button calls.

River: T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]

EP bets out, I call and so does the button

I'll post the results for the last 2 hands later on tonight
Old 12-19-2003, 05:08 PM

Default Re: One 5/10 and two 3/6 hands. 3/6 was semi- wild game

if you're going to do anything different with your AJ it should be to flat call the flop raise so the LAG keeps betting. i'm assuming he's aggressive enough to bet the turn no matter what.

because you're out of position on the turn, a reraise is the best play. he might check behind on the turn.

the second hand looks fine to me.

third hand, i would avoid playing this with only two limpers. you probably ought to raise the river, if not the turn, given that this is a wild game.
Old 12-19-2003, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Should I have called and raised him on the river? I

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the raise, you can't count on being ablt to get in a river checkraise since he will often check behind unimproved with any hand you are ahead of and wouldn't have called raise with.

You could call and bet the river. It gives him another chance to catch, but will save you a bet when you are behind and he might be unable to fold an overpair on the river for 1 bet as confidently as to the turn 3-bet.
Old 12-19-2003, 05:28 PM

Hand 1 played well. Call the raise on the flop is an option but if your opponents aren't braindead, which is uncommon online, you could just as easily type I have a J in the chat box. If you call the raise, I'd say its about 90% he checks behind on the river unless he spikes a set.

Hand 2 I'm confused enough to call. I'd bet the flop hoping to buy the button as unlikely as it seems.

Hand 3 fold PF, I'm not part of the suited K is good like suited A club. And 2 limpers isn't nearly enough even if you are.
Old 12-19-2003, 06:19 PM

Default Results

While its not as good as Axs, I believe Kxs is playable when 5+ players are routinely seeing flops for a single bet.

Results:

#1 SB shows Kd Qs and my two pair is good. BB had 3c 6c (and still called the bet on the river) and MP had Qd Jd

#2 My flush is good, EP had Kc 8c and button had Th 9h