Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2003, 02:40 AM

Default 1 Loose 1 Semi-Maniac?

100NL full table, standard blinds .50/1.00
2 opponents in this hand, both of which require a bit of detail. Player 1, we'll call him Bob. I haven't played with him in a long time, in the past he used to raise almost 100% of the time preflop and would bluff all the way til the river. Although he is a smart player, he can release a hand. Today he seemed to be playing reserved.

Player 2, we'll call him Jim is fairly loose, likes to call raises preflop a little to much. Other than that, I don't really know much about him.
I've got $67, no idea why I didn't fill up prior as I usually do
Bob has a lot. Jim has me covered by about $15

UTG I'm dealt AKo, I decide to Limp, Bob Limps behind me. Jim in MLP raises to $4. folded to me. I call. Bob now wakes up and raises to $28. Jim calls. I think and I put Jim on a weak Ace, AJ is really what I see him having. As for Bob, I think he would do this with a wide wide range of hands. Any pocket Pair, Any Ace, (something I forgot to mention, he really overvalues Ace-rag) and probably some other garbage as well.
I decide to push in. ??
What if my stack was larger?
Old 12-18-2003, 04:17 AM

Default Re: 1 Loose 1 Semi-Maniac?

I really don't like this move. Unless they are absolutely appalling players I can't see this being a reasonable play.

I see at least one of them holding AA or KK, putting you miles behind.

Failing that they have a pocket pair between them which means you certainly aren't a big favourite.

Sorry, I just can't understand why you would do anything but fold, even given your description of their previous play.
Old 12-18-2003, 10:08 AM

Default Re: 1 Loose 1 Semi-Maniac?

there is no AA or KK between either of these players and i know this because the first player wouldn't limp reraise with that i know him. and the second player would have raised more the first time, not to $4.
I've seen the limpreraiser pull this with 54o in the past. and like i said in the original post, i put the second player on a weak ace a9 - ak
still think bad?