Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2003, 10:32 PM

Default OK, now I definitely KNOW my brain is addled

Just after the previous hand (raising with AJ on the river) I get this one.

Now I don't feel really pissed off and on tilt at this moment as I would have in the past, but I think I might be starting to dig myself in real deep. I don't know how much is me being cold-decked, and everything that can go wrong does, or if I'm just playing like an idiot.

Same 10/20 Loosish game.

I limp UTG with 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], it's folded around to the BB. Wah?
The BB is crazy loose (45%) and the main reason I'm *supposed* to be here. He's also a little aggressive at times, especially if he thinks he can take a pot of you (or maybe I'm just paranoid, heh).

Flop 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
I flop middle set.
He bets into me. OK, I think. I think he thinks he can steal this one by betting at me if I've missed. And what's more I think he might keep trying.
I call.

Turn A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
I was (and would normally) raise here. But I think that's what he'd expect. I decide, no, for once in my life, I'm going to wait for the River here (something I never do).

River 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
He bets, I raise, He 3-bets, I call, he turns over A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

And I'm like a total idiot. Right?
Or would *anyone* think of playing it this way?
Old 12-17-2003, 10:35 PM

Default Re: OK, now I definitely KNOW my brain is addled

"the BB is loose and overaggressive at times"

Tell me again why you want to slowplay?
Old 12-17-2003, 10:40 PM

OK, let me describe the nature of the overaggressiveness. Someone who would try and bluff you and get you off the best hand but if you played back at him then he'd give it up.

If I thought I could get multiple bets in on the Flop, and definitely the Turn, then that's what I would have tried to do.
Old 12-17-2003, 10:41 PM

You need to get some sleep. hehe. You absolutely needed to raise the flop, bet the turn, and CALL the river. I'm sure you know this, but , yes, you played the hand very crappy. lol

edit: actually, I'm wrong. It's heads-up, so there is some merit in slowplaying here. Though, I probably would've fast played it. I'd rather take a small pot than lose a risk losing a big pot with a bunch of my chips in it.