Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2003, 05:29 PM

Default GOOD GOD -- NEVER EVER GIVE CRDIT TILL SHOWN THEY CAN PLAY!!!

I had not played UB in some time. I came back for their, "We ain't got a jackpot, so here is a bonus thing." Well, I drop a ton there. Why? Cause I failed to see that this place had gone from ok players to total fish. I gave totally new players to the site cedit for knowing something. BIG MISTAKE. Now I must get my money back (won't be too hard, but will take some time) and then I will feel better.

What is the point? Well, my friends, NEVER EVER EVER going to any game with any pre-ideas about anyone. I don't know when I started doing this, but it has cost me cash. I don't care who the other player is, till he shows you a hand, or you get a read, NEVER assume they are playing well.

Probably everyone knows this, but I had to pay a fee to the fish to learn this. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 12-12-2003, 05:33 PM

Default Re: GOOD GOD -- NEVER EVER GIVE CRDIT TILL SHOWN THEY CAN PLAY!!!

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Old 12-12-2003, 05:36 PM

I have to agree in some respects Grob, but I think it works from both angles. Assuming people are bad can work out equally as bad as assuming people are good.

I think the lesson for today is
"If you assume you make an ass out of u and me".
Expensive lesson sometimes though.
Old 12-12-2003, 05:41 PM

i dont know what it is but ive lost 210$ trying to clear this bonus(grrr). thank GOd ive only got 24 more dollars worth to go. every night i log on to UB lose 20-50$ and log off angry but knowing i played well. i then eat dinner come back after dinner log onto party and win 20-50$ on average while rebuilding my confidence. i dont know whats up with my bad luck at ub but i wont be venturing away from the skins again for a while after this. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 12-12-2003, 05:46 PM

I think UB has some of the best bad players on the 'net, if this makes sense. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
I'm sure it does to those who've sat down, thought it was easy money, and have lost to bad players. I think partly they can be pretty aggressive. You don't get many of the ideal loose-passive bad player type there.

At least these have been my observations of late.
I think if you come from one of those loose-passive Party types it can be hard to figure out what's going on.

I've never had much of a problem there (touching some major wood) but it seems like a *lot* of players do (even on these boards).

Anyone agree?
Old 12-12-2003, 06:05 PM

every night i log on to UB lose 20-50$ and log off angry but knowing i played well.

The latter should overcome any feeling of the former. The only times I get mad are when I realize that I'm playing poorly. The only person I get mad at is myself.

Cup
Old 12-12-2003, 06:18 PM

I have had the opposite experience. I play a lot at UB and normally do pretty well, but I lose every single dime I put in Party. I really need to get poker tracker I suppose to track down why this is so. Til then I can only theorize that you do see different types of players at different sites. I know UB has a lot of really aggressive bad players. This can be a double edged sword. You can raise every round with the best hand only to lose to a two-outer on the river. Very annoying. Maybe I haven't learned to recognize my tendencies and adjust them yet, and I fit better at UB than Party. Who knows? It does make me feel better knowing that someone else is experiencing this as well. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 12-12-2003, 06:21 PM

maybe its because i learned to play holdem at party exclusively over the last 6 months. this was my first venture to other sights besides the skins. have you learned/played exclusively at ub?