Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2003, 11:42 PM

Default Useful software idea = PokerPeek

Hi,

Information is important in poker and all poker sites do not automatically display mucked hole cards that are played to the showdown. For most of us, we can e-mail hand histories to have a quick peek at the these cards during play. It would be great if someone could design a software to automatically request that single hand history **during play itself**, and to display a automatic playback of that hand history (say on a corner of the screen) so that we can know those mucked holecards almost instantly (without the hassle of requesting a hand history and going through the text).

The difference between this idea and pokertracker is that the task of displaying the mucked hole cards is automated during gameplay itself. Anybody would benefit from such a wealth of information.

Sounds like an absolute winning idea to me and i just giving away for free to the poker community as I'm not really skilled in working on these type of software projects. I would find this program extremely useful (especially in quick short-handed play) and will pay good money for this.

BlueBear
Old 12-11-2003, 11:46 PM

Default Re: Useful software idea = PokerPeek

At planetpoker you can see the hands instantly with images not letters.
Old 12-12-2003, 12:18 AM

screw that, I dont want it to be easy for the fish to know what I had when I mucked. And besides its always fun when someone mucks like A3o and then says that you got lucky cuz they had aces, and then you tell them what they really had and they accuse you of cheating [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-12-2003, 12:26 AM

Well, we don't have to tell the fishies. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Anyway, any major software developments (like pokertracker) does nothing but increase the gap in skill range between fishies and good players in my opinion.
Old 12-12-2003, 02:16 AM

Location: Poker is like sex, I have no idea what I am doing and most of the time it is done sitting infront of a computer by myself-NC

play at ultimate bet, they have this feature
Old 12-12-2003, 10:44 AM

Correct. You can request the history, it shows up abou t5-10 seconds later (unless it's an old table with large # of played hands, or the site is lagging, but about 90% of the time it pops right up), and it will tell you the hands of anyone who made it to showdown, mucked or otherwise.

I miss this feature very much on other sites.
Old 12-12-2003, 02:33 PM

I was kind of disappointed that the new Party instant hand history didn't show the hole cards.
Old 12-12-2003, 04:59 PM

Default I think it should go one step further

I think a site should have a check box called "Show cards". In a B&M site, any player in the hand at the showdown has a right to ask to see any hand that is not folded. I don't see why an online player shouldn't have the same right at the end of the hand.
Old 12-13-2003, 02:38 AM

I like the idea, but I'm not a programmer. I remembered a post from a few months ago about a replayer for Party. There is a free replayer* at Party Hand Replayer. I regularly order hand histories to see opponents hands (in addition to ordering in bulk for PokerTracker). This replayer is much easier than reading the hands into PokerTracker and replaying them there. I also found this idea easier than reading through the hand histories and I found I was able to make more notes. Thanks for the idea, BlueBear.

*I have no connection/association with this site or any of the people associated with it.
Old 12-13-2003, 03:45 AM

oh NO HE DOES NOT!
There was a MAJOR writeup in Card Player about this, seeing a non-winning hole cards gives away free information the player is OUTERWISE NOT ENTITLED TO!

Seeing hole cards IS NOT A RIGHT!