Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2003, 12:01 PM

Default Party Poker Address Change

I need to change my mailing address for Party Poker, because I want my checks mailed to me at work instead of at home. Has anyone done something similar and been successful?

The folks at Party are giving me a hard time about this. They keep telling me that I need to fax in the new address with a matching driver's license or utility bill. Obviously, my driver's license has my home address on it, not my work address; ditto for my utility bills.

Any suggestions, or am I out of luck?

Thanks,
Pinky
Old 12-08-2003, 12:42 PM

Default Re: Party Poker Address Change

Don't be a damn fool.
Old 12-08-2003, 01:26 PM

Uhhh, gee, thanks for your insightful comments. I'm asking an honest question here. If you would tell me why I'm a "damn fool," that would be much more helpful.

Thanks.
Old 12-08-2003, 01:30 PM

Hiding your checks from your wife?

I have no clue how to do it. I never had to mail them a driver's license or anything for my original address though.
Old 12-08-2003, 02:55 PM

Just setup a 2nd account with a different mailing address and transfer the money over to it.

You need to actually go to www.partypoker.com and login for the funds transfer option.
Old 12-08-2003, 03:15 PM

Default Poor advice....

They specifically state you can only have one account on the site. Now while your intentions might be ok, and are not to cheat at the tables, you'll have a tough time convincing them of that if they notice your multiple accounts. I don't want to give any site a reason to hold my funds while they investigate.
Old 12-08-2003, 03:29 PM

This brings up another interesting point.

Instead of changing my address, I considered another option. I was going to just transfer money to the account of a friend of mine who lives here in town. That way, he could cash out for me, and I wouldn't need to bother with the address change.

The problem with this, as I recently discovered, is that there is a $400/week max on transfers. Any one know if there is a way to get this raised? I suppose I could just email PP and find out...
Old 12-08-2003, 04:17 PM

Take a utility bill, then carefully tape your business address over your home address. If you do this using the same font and alignment, it's almost impossible to tell on a photocopy/fax and you shouldn't have any trouble. I haven't done this specifically, but high school report cards and parental waivers taught me something at least.
Old 12-08-2003, 04:31 PM

I've been trying to do this for months now through email channels. No luck yet. I even called them to no avail. So, now I just go through Neteller and I earn worthless Netpoints. But, a fedexed check costs only $11 and always gets here 2nd day from Neteller.

soda
Old 12-08-2003, 04:40 PM

LOL.

I considered this option, and still might give it a try. If any PP employees are reading this...JUST KIDDING!

Unfortunately, I was a straight A student from kindergarten through college, so I don't have much experience with this type of thing. LOL.