Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2003, 09:20 AM

Default Zoo vs SS Tourney Comments

Wow, that was great fun!

I've been playing less poker the last month, quite tired of the often boring semi-automatic play against chasers, calling stations, etc, but this was the real deal - competitive poker for fun. I haven't played tourneys for a long while, and with this lineup I'm quite happy with 17th place.

I wasn't too happy to see John Shaft at my table (given the quality I find in his posts), but if he forgets to bring his good luck with big pocket pairs to the table, I'll play him any time. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Of course it's not about the money, but it's rather funny that placing 9th in this competition was rewarded by the great sum of $6 in return of investment. No EV heaven for sure.

Great work with the tourney, Mike, sign me up for the next one, for sure!

Adde
Old 12-05-2003, 10:07 AM

Default Re: Zoo vs SS Tourney Comments

Thanks for playing and we are glad you enjoyed it.

(Personally, I think an poker EV calculation should include the intangible factors, like the fact that it was fun, and competitive way beyond the simple $$ at stake.

MikeH did a lot to perk interest in the social interaction and competitive nature of the event and deserves ALL the props.)

Again, glad you enjoyed it.

Truepoker CEO
Old 12-05-2003, 10:25 AM

Agreed. It was a lot of fun. I think a lynching is in order for the TEN people that didn't show. Any idea which team they were playing for?

Old 12-05-2003, 10:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for playing and we are glad you enjoyed it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, Mr True CEO, I kinda liked the "True Experience", with characters and animations, etc, it sort of fitted the atmosphere very well when playing Team vs Team.

I made a negative post a day ago, and much of that still remain (hard to see the button/card suites/player actions across the table, etc), but overall I'm much more positive about True now! Although, grinding out 2 BB/hr daily at ring games still would hurt my eyes to much, sorry. If it wasn't for that, I would surely play a lot more at True. I will continue to play at your site, but for shorter sessions. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Anyway, thanks for beeing a good host!

Adde
Old 12-05-2003, 10:35 AM

Default Zoot suiter conspicuously absent

I, unfortunately, did not make Round 2 of the Zoo vs. SS challenge.

On Tuesday, I found out my good friend got engaged and unfortunately, Thursday was set up as the night the boys were to celebrate.

Mike Haven was well aware, but I feel it necessary to explain to my teammates why I was absent.

Played OIC with Gomez and McShoo until 8:15 or so when I left the house.

By 9 pm, I can assure you I was in no shape to be playing poker.
Old 12-05-2003, 10:36 AM

Of course it's not about the money, but it's rather funny that placing 9th in this competition was rewarded by the great sum of $6 in return of investment. No EV heaven for sure.

I dined in style on a real (not imitation) Idaho Russet Potato, baked not fried, at the Bellagio tonight with my $6 win, thank you very much. Of course the $6 win did not cover the sales tax, which I ponied up myself.
Old 12-05-2003, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think a lynching is in order for the TEN people that didn't show.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed! I was kind of pissed about that too, when I grinded out the tourney start until early morning here in Sweden, tired as hell, cursing myself for saying yes, but now I'm glad I did.

Maybe an earlier registration deadline would solve parts of this, say you pay for the tourney one day/week before it starts?

Adde
Old 12-05-2003, 10:46 AM

I dined in style on a real (not imitation) Idaho Russet Potato, baked not fried, at the Bellagio tonight with my $6 win, thank you very much. Of course the $6 win did not cover the sales tax, which I ponied up myself.

Congrats Major! Don't spend it all at once. Oh, too late! Sorry to hear about them taxes. We need a "Idaho Russet Potato Tax Bounty" the next time.

Adde
Old 12-05-2003, 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Agreed. It was a lot of fun. I think a lynching is in order for the TEN people that didn't show. Any idea which team they were playing for?

[/ QUOTE ]
Even think it was 11 people not showing up.

Yes no excuses for not showing up, would have been sad if the competition was decided on such shortcommings.
I mean to not have registered when one has agreed to play, <insert a Granny Mae decapitating smiley here>.

Good game everyone, was great fun (even though I went out 69th, only beating Homer lol)

And TYVM MH , for keeping the interest in this Epic Battle up by all your posts and bet proposals [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I think I went exactly even on this tourney, lost 20$ to Stu Pidasso, Lost 20$ to GOT won 50$ from GOT should be getting 12 from TRUE for early signup and deposits.
Awaiting final official results though.
Old 12-05-2003, 10:55 AM

Default Re: Zoot suiter conspicuously absent

By 9 pm, I can assure you I was in no shape to be playing poker.

Oh no, please do, come to the tables and let us be the judge of that. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

No offense about your absence. With a group of 80 players it's quite certain that some will be prevented from playing in any way. But 10/80 was rather high an absence factor.

Adde