Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2003, 08:17 PM

Default Wait at Foxwoods

I was thinking about making my first trip to Foxwoods two Saturdays from today. How early would I have to get there if I wanted to wait less than an hour for a table? Getting there early in the morning would not be a problem, but I would like to know what time is best to get there.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help out.
Old 12-01-2003, 10:30 AM

Default Re: Wait at Foxwoods

i would think if you get there at noon you wouldn't wait more than an hour.. but i guess it depends on what limit you're playing. anyone else on this issue?
Old 12-01-2003, 05:38 PM

I do not know what limit you are talking about but I usually play $4-$8 or $5-$10 I usually arrive before 8:00am and you will either sit right down or you will have a short wait. They usually start opening more tables around 10:00am but there also might be a long list by then. Good Luck
Old 12-01-2003, 10:50 PM

I have waited as long as 2 hrs for 20/40 when I get there at noon. Pot limit is usually quicker these days although that's hit or miss too. I generally plan on at least a half hr wait.

Leon
Old 12-02-2003, 06:37 PM

I would shoot for before 11 if I were you. I got to the poker room at 1:00 last friday (granted a holiday weekend) but i waited 2 1/2 hours to get on a 5-10 table. and it was another hour before I got called from the 4 - 8 list. There were a couple of others there who said they got there before noon and only waited 30 to 60 min.
Old 12-02-2003, 07:03 PM

I think getting there around 11-12 in the morning is optimum. If you get there early I find the 5/10, 10-20 full of old man rocks that just got out of bed. When the new games open up after the limit tourney players break out is when the games/lists are great/huge. So right at Noon is perfect.

Funny though I got there at 5PM Sat and put my name on the 4/8, 5/10 and 10/20. For some reason the 5/10 was shorter and I was on in 30 mins, even thought the lists were HUGE. Maybe it's the 'Kill' that scares them?

Peace,
JT
Old 12-03-2003, 01:06 AM

I went to FW during a business trip in the summer of 2002. At that time, FW allowed players to call ahead and have their names added to the lists up to an hour in advance of arrival. If FW still does that, you might want to take advantage of the opportunity.
Old 12-03-2003, 01:13 AM

Default Calling won\'t work for you.

I'm not sure if they still permit this, but they definitely do not allow this on weekends.
Old 12-03-2003, 08:05 AM

I went with a bunch of friends last Saturday. We got there between 1 and 2. Those playing 5/10 stud got on in about an hour. 4/8 Hold 'Em took about 2.5 hours. 5/10 took about 1.5 hours. Pot Limit took a little longer than 4/8, but they only had one table running.

I hadn't played at Foxwoods in more than a year, and was extremely dissapointed. I know it was a holiday weekend, and things are never going to run as smoothly on a holiday weekend, but I thought the room was very poorly run.

Watching the Pot Limit and 20/40 stud, I saw dealers that didn't have a clue allowing rampant angle shooting, and then ignoring other players at the table who complained. The people at the board were rude, and didn't seem to have much of a clue. One dealer at my table miscalled 4 hands in one down.

I always remembered Foxwoods as much better run than Mohegan Sun's old room. Did I just have a bad experience at an otherwise well run room? Has Foxwoods gotten worse since they picked up a monopoly? Have I [and I find this hard to believe...] gotten spoiled by playing in AC?

scrub
Old 12-03-2003, 09:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I went to FW during a business trip in the summer of 2002. At that time, FW allowed players to call ahead and have their names added to the lists up to an hour in advance of arrival. If FW still does that, you might want to take advantage of the opportunity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Weekdays only now.

Peace,
JT