Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Should all-in protection be provided for ring games?
No. It's too open to abuse. Go play at a B&M if your connection speed is too slow. 25 59.52%
Yes. The level of abuse isn't that bad actually. Everyone suffers from a slow internet connection occasionally, so all-in protection is a good thing. 17 40.48%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-27-2003, 06:05 AM

Default Suitable all-in policy? (poll)

We can't promise that the results of this poll will necessarily lead to a change in policy (since for ring games the policy is set by Prima), but we'd nonetheless love to hear what y'all think on this score.

Note that this is just in respect of ring games. Last night's $10k tourney setup error notwithstanding, the policy at our site remains no all-in protection for tourneys of any sort.
Old 11-27-2003, 06:32 AM

Default Re: Suitable all-in policy? (poll)

Or do what Stars do and have tables for each [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Lori

(Personally, I have a crap computer and still don't believe in all-in protection except maybe in the biggest of big fixed limit games with consent between the players)
Old 11-27-2003, 07:12 AM

All in protection is bad, get rid of it completely. It's one of the risks you run if you wanna play online.

I'd rather get legitamately get disconnected and lose out on a pot than get cheated constantly by the bucket of scum that inhabits online poker.
Old 11-27-2003, 07:23 AM

Default think about bonuses and not....

about taking away all-ins. It's a lot of money over the year for me. How am i supposed to fill the fridge ? My cats need food too !! I could accept to only get 4 all-ins per day. But please.......don't take away the all-ins. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2003, 08:54 AM

All ins for any type of NL or PL game (tourny or ring) is a VERY bad thing.

All-ins for a ring game is ok, because it very rarely gets abused. I'd be willing to bet everyone here has made more money from being saved in a pot the rare time your computer has crashed in a hand, then you have lost because someone abused it.

Besides, the only time its harmful in a ring game when someone goes all in is when your bluffing, and the jackass 90% of the time would have called your bet anyway. If youve got a legit hand and he goes all in, your only losing out on 1 bet if it was a river bet. and If he does it on the turn because hes drawing, then actually you save money. Hes never going to call you on the river with his busted draw anyway, so you still only lose the 1 bet. And the times he makes his draw he wont be able to raise you because he's all in.

And for the people who say if you've got a crap connect, go play in a B&M, I offer you this little story. I was in LP with QQ, I 3 bet it it gets capped and like 5 people see the flop. Qd, Xd, X, it was 3 bet before it even got to me, postive either an AA or KK is out there, and at least one flush draw. Turn comes diamond that pairs the board, cha ching! I'm a rich man, I 3 bet when it comes to me. I see it get capped and before It comes back around to me, THE F'ING POWER GOES OUT!!!!! Should everyone with out a generator backup go play B&M? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2003, 12:39 PM

Default *bump* -- more votes please N/M

Old 11-27-2003, 12:57 PM

I'm fine with it in limit ring games and actually think its a good idea. In NL or any tourney, it has no place.
Old 11-27-2003, 02:46 PM

It's fine in ring games, IF you are willing to get rid of players that abuse it. But in my experience, very few cards rooms, online or B&M will bar players. I've been in B&M card rooms where getting caught cheating gets the cheater barred for a week at the most.
Old 11-27-2003, 04:43 PM

I think all-in protection is important and should be available; however, I think it should have MUCH stricter rules.

The problem with abuse is that the sites allow it to happen...unlimited all-in resets, etc. I think each player should have one all-in and if they use it they cannot have it reset for 24hrs. I have had a broadband connection since I started playing internet poker (first cable and now DSL) and I have used an all-in maybe 3-5 total times in the last year. I think one a day is more than fair and will eliminate abuse.

Just my .02,
Jason
Old 11-27-2003, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Alobar
All-ins for a ring game is ok, because it very rarely gets abused. I'd be willing to bet everyone here has made more money from being saved in a pot the rare time your computer has crashed in a hand, then you have lost because someone abused it.

[/ QUOTE ]
We'd probably agree with your assessment, but its very hard for a player to hear this when they've just been done out by intentional abuse -- usually accompanied by much mudslinging and machismo all round (btw, we find it quite entertaining that the online analogue to "step outside and we'll see who's boss" often seems to be "step on over to the the HU tables and we'll see who's boss" ... kind of like "my dad is bigger than your dad" all over again [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

[ QUOTE ]

CZ
I'm fine with it in limit ring games and actually think its a good idea. In NL or any tourney, it has no place.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's our current policy (last night's error in the $10k tourney aside).

[ QUOTE ]

Aragorn
It's fine in ring games, IF you are willing to get rid of players that abuse it. But in my experience, very few cards rooms, online or B&M will bar players.

[/ QUOTE ]
Does banning have to be the answer -- doesn't removing all-in protection privileges for abusive players achieve the desired goal (while still leaving them available for fleecing by you guys [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

[ QUOTE ]

PO
I think all-in protection is important and should be available; however, I think it should have MUCH stricter rules.

The problem with abuse is that the sites allow it to happen...unlimited all-in resets, etc. I think each player should have one all-in and if they use it they cannot have it reset for 24hrs.
I think one a day is more than fair and will eliminate abuse.

[/ QUOTE ]
Our current policy (for fixed limit games only) is 2 per 24 hour period, with no resets inbetween.

We started this thread because we were considering removing all-in protection altogether given the levels of abuse being reported.

In light of the comments since made tho, it looks like reducing it to 1 per 24 hours might be the way to go, along with vigorous follow up on cases of reported abuse.

Anyone else want to add their 2c?