Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2003, 12:34 AM

Default In Retrospect . . .

A couple of years ago there was a big deal about how many times we were seeing big hands like quads and straight-flushes more than we should on Paradise and I think also on Planet. I haven't heard much lately (unless I missed it). I figured, like many other players, that it was because of the higher number of hands and multi-tables being played by players that made it seem this way. It certainly seemed like there were too many of these hands to me, but I dismissed it as normal under the conditions listed above.

I was recently thinking that over the last several months I've been playing quite a lot on Party, and it doesn't feel that way any more. The distribution of big hands seems normal now.

Has my perception of normal changed or was there a legitimate problem a couple of years back? In retrospect, I wonder if the latter is the case.

What have other 2+2'ers noticed about this?
Old 11-26-2003, 01:21 AM

Default Re: In Retrospect . . .

All I know is I've flopped two straight flushes online (both in my BB), I've gotten another straight flush, and I've gotten two more royals. Twice I've had straight flushes against boats, and another time the board brought the 4th of the suit and there was an ace out there. Nice pay offs, probably just coincidental.

And for those keeping score, that's 5 straight flushes online, and one in live play. Though I've played more online hands than B&M, I'm sure.