Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-23-2003, 08:55 PM

Default a bunch of 20-40 errors

i made $3100 last night playing 20-40 but i left at least $600 behind. thought id share.

1. i have Ac8c on the button. we're 5 handed. bad player utg openraises, he's not too sharp, he's loose and chases/calls like crazy postflop. i 3 bet on the button. bb fish calls, utg calls. the flop is KK7 two spades. checked to me and i bet, bb calls, utg calls. turn is an 8. checked to me and i bet, bb folds, utg checkraises, i call. 4s on river, i call his river bet, he has KhQh. $200 in the toilet.

2. i have 76s in the bb. c/o decent but on tilt openraises, button very good but somewhat tilted as well 3 bets, folded to me and i call in the bb. 3 way pot. flop completely missed K high and i check-fold. should i have saved $40? probably yes.

3. 43d in the sb. one limper fish, i complete, bb checks. 3 way pot. flop is KhKdQd. i bet and limper calls. turn is 8s. i bet and am called. river is Jc. i bet, he raises, i fold. how bad was this hand?

4. 8h6h in the cutoff. limper fish, good player raises, fish cold calls, another fish (me) cold calls, button calls, bb and limper call. 6 way action. flop QhJh2d. checked to raiser who bets, fish calls, i call, someone else calls. the turn is blank spade. raiser bets, fish calls, i call. the river blanks. raiser bets, fold, fold. raiser shows AsAc. fish caller shows Ah5h. so i was drawing dead. i love drawing dead. $100 donation to a good player. smart poker.

5. here's a real zinger. i have AJs in mp. i openraise. button cold calls, sb and bb call. bb normally plays decent but is stuck on tilt and playing loose. flop is J42 rainbow. checked to me and i bet, button and sb fold, bb checkraises, i 3 bet, he 4 bets, i call. the turn is K. he bets, i call. the river is J. he bets, warning signals are sceaming at me to flat call, but i figure screw it and raise, he reraises immediately and i pay off like a stupid monkey slot machine and he shows J2o. so $280 on that one. golly im good.

anyone else still make mistakes like this as regularly as i do? what the hell is wrong with me? im tired of sucking at hold em, i could be making so much more if i didnt bleed chips like this.