Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2003, 01:14 PM

Default loose game 10-20 hand #1 (Tell)

it's my usual local 10-20 game with a few decent regulars and rest fishy regulars. I open raised in EP with AKo, MP 2 seats behind me reraised. He is a local pro and usually plays quite solid when not losing. I had been playing fairly tight but talking joking and laughing a lot, cause i was having a good time. His reraise most likely meant AA-88, AK, AQ when legit, or anything else playable for a limp if he was trying to put a play on me. I discount AA, KK and thought everything else is equally possible.

So i capped after 2 callers in between. This was particular designed to combat MP because he would (correctly) put me on AK if i just call.

Flop was Txx two hearts, BB checked, i bet and MP raised. LP folded, BB called, I called.

Turn was K, no straight no flush. Before BB checked, MP made a sound like "uh-oh" as the K was turned over. I quickly changed from Bet / Checkraise into check-calling.

River off suite x, heads up, i checked. he bet and i called. he showed KdTd.

discussion:
is that tell generally reliable?
was i supposed to bet the turn and fold to a raise?
was i supposed to CR the turn and fold to 3 bet?
was i supposed to fold on flop? given he is somewhat a ultra aggressive player in short-handed pots.

Kenny
Old 11-18-2003, 03:49 PM

Default bring it up n/m

Old 11-18-2003, 05:35 PM

Default Re: loose game 10-20 hand #1 (Tell)

Against this guy I am not so sure about all the betting preflop. Why get into a betting match with the guy so it suddenly becomes correct for him to call postflop. As far as the tell goes I think this is very reliable especially if you bet the turn and he then raises. His "uht oh" means he hit hit something. It may mean he hit his king and is afraid of you having KK but regardless it means he hit something.
Old 11-18-2003, 06:25 PM

So i capped after 2 callers in between. This was particular designed to combat MP because he would (correctly) put me on AK if i just call.

If your opponent is smart and observant enough to make this read on you, then he is smart enough to know that you don't say "uh-oh" when a card you don't like falls. Seems highly suspicious to me.
Old 11-19-2003, 12:41 AM

I think you played it well.