Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2003, 03:53 PM

Default Pecentage of flops seen.

I recently played a tournament with 400 players entered. When we got down to the final 11 or so I checked my stats and I was amazed that I only had seen 16% of the flops. Is this number a good number or is it to low or do circumstances dictate what percentage of flops you see. please do not let the result of the tourney affect your answer. What do you think a good percentage would be.
Old 11-17-2003, 05:24 PM

Default Re: Pecentage of flops seen.

Circumstances will, of course, dictate how many hands you play, but 16% is certainly in the right ballpark for the early rounds until it becomes shorthanded and without a stack that can be used to bully. You should be playing tighter than ring games, where the standards are usually quoted in the 20-25% range.
Old 11-17-2003, 05:36 PM

I'm pretty consistently in the 12-14% range for NLHE tourneys. It should be lower than your ring game % because there's so many times when there's a reraise preflop that gets you or your opponent to lay down right away. You almost never laydown to preflop reraises in a regular limit ring game, so you're naturally going to see more flops even if in both situations you're playing a "tight" game.
Old 11-17-2003, 06:13 PM

I had wondered this myself.....

I think some of it naturally depends on how aggressive your tables are (especially when you're in the blinds), your style, etc...

I've been surrpised when I noticed my percentage hovered close to as low as 11%, yet the last few NL's I've played on stars i've made it to the money, and close to the final table... my %'s there were 19-21%... however, in the non-blind areas it was closer to 16-17.

I'm sure some of it depends how hard the deck hits ya.