Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2003, 11:58 AM

Default Refer-A-Friend Policy--TGC

Hello everyone,

I have been talking at length with the people at the gaming club. Considering that most of the RAF bonuses are dropped manually, I think they've done an exceptional job. Overall, there have bee no problems with the RAF bonuses and TGC has been very flexible.

The only thing that has become an issue is the players who downloaded the software through my link but did NOT enter Inthacup in the referral field. What I did not find out until two days ago is that my Inthacup username must be put in the referral field to get the full $100 bonus. The $100 bonus comes from two things: the $50 I receive for the CPA I get through my affiliate program and $50 through TGC entering Inthacup in the referral box.

Since some of you did download through my link, you did receive the $50 from my end(after depositing $30 and playing 150 raked hands), but since you did not enter my name in the referral field, it seems that you can not get the other half of the bonus. I have had several conversations with them, and by my reasoning, since you downloaded through my link, it is understood that I am referring you. I wish that I knew that you HAD to enter my name to get the full bonus. I would have stated it specifically from the beginning. But like I said, I only found out about this two days ago. I will continue to try to work this out, but for those who have only received $50, I wanted you to know why you haven't been credited with the other $50.

All this being said, I feel kinda stupid arguing with them about this. They have been incredibly generous with us so far and have handed out $100 or more to pretty much everyone. If you have any questions about your account feel free to PM me.

Cup
Old 11-13-2003, 12:21 PM

Default Re: Refer-A-Friend Policy--TGC

Apparently, I'm on this list of people who did not enter InthaCup's username while signing up through his link.

I share in InthaCup's sentiment that TGC has been very kind in making this OIC a possibility as well giving participants' some free $$s to get started.

However, if they clearly know that I and others have signed up through InthaCup's link, what is the problem here?

In fact, I don't recall seeing a field that asked for his usernmae at all. In the end, I feel confident that TGC will recognize that this is merely an administrative problem and credit everyone with their $50s.

In principle, they are screwing InthaCup here. Cup has been generous to give his $50's to us because he chose to. I believe, in essence, TGC is denying InthaCup his portion of the RAF.

SamJack
Old 11-13-2003, 12:35 PM

Sam,

I appreciate your sentiments.

I don't really think the TGC is screwing me. The reason why I did this in the first place is because I realized how many people I could help in getting the bonuses. A few people have been generous enough to let me keep my half of the RAF bonus they receive. I greatly appreciate that gesture and it has made this entire experience worthwhile. In the beginning, I was only expecting the players to receive the $50 bonus from me. The RAF bonus was an unexpected surprise from TGC. So, it doesn't really bother me that much, because I wasn't expecting the players to receive any more than $50 extra, which is still very nice of them.

Cup
Old 11-13-2003, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All you have to do to be referred by me is click here when you go to download the software.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't put InThaCup in the referal box because of this info from you.
What exactly did me downloading the software through your link do?
1.) Give you a one time 50$ to your account (which you made TGC send to me as soon as I had played my required hands after my deposit?) but not giving me the initial 50$ that a ordinary RAF gives.
2.) Give you a %age of the rake I create, still sending me 50$ after playing a certain number of hands etc etc.
3.) None of the above, please clarify.

In any case, what was the benefits of not doing it as a regular RAF?

I'm not swetting the 50$ was a great deal in the first place, but would like these Questions answered, thanks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-13-2003, 01:30 PM

I didn't put InThaCup in the referal box because of this info from you.

At the time, it was my understanding that putting Inthacup in the referral box was not necessary.

1.) Give you a one time 50$ to your account (which you made TGC send to me as soon as I had played my required hands after my deposit?) but not giving me the initial 50$ that a ordinary RAF gives.

This is correct.

In any case, what was the benefits of not doing it as a regular RAF?

The primary reason was a concern about tracking players. Everything was thrown together on the fly. I'd like to not that it wasn't even known that we could do the RAF bonus when the OIC started. But, since there were so many retro-bonuses where people just signed up with the OIC without letting me refer them, the only way to track them to me was to track them back to the affiliate program. From what I've been told, TGC is not able to retroactively give someone the RAF bonus.

Basically, signing up through the link was another way to make sure that everyone was tracked to me, thus receiving the proper RAF bonus. In that sense, it was very effective. Everyone who signed up through me and met the requirements has gotten my $50. It's just the other $50 for entering "Inthacup" that was lost in communication. I guess you can blame me for that because I never specifically asked if it was necessary.

I'm sorry if I've disappointed anyone who did not receive the full $100.

Cup
Old 11-13-2003, 01:45 PM

Cup,

As far as I am concerned, there has been no problem at all with anything that has been done with the RAF at TGC. I used your link, got the RAF bonus. Made a deposit and got some more... How could I not be happy? If there is more coming...COOL. I hope you are able to make some money with this. Keep the faith man... [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-13-2003, 01:50 PM

Well, I also downloaded from you link and I attempted to put in your name under the RAF box (I don't know if caps matter) and to date I haven't received any money into my account.

I think this is a great promo and I've enjoyed playing in the OIC and so far am happy with the software, but it's been more than 2 weeks since I signed up. I received my OIC money almost instantly and was very impressed. But I have yet to receive other monies.
Old 11-13-2003, 01:59 PM

I also downloaded from your link and put your name in. Maybe I put InthEcup, but I'm pretty sure I spelled it with an "A". No bonus. I've been playing the OIC for at least 5 or 6 nights since it started for multiple hours a night.
Old 11-13-2003, 02:30 PM

Default A few comments

1) Inthacup - I put your name in the box and used your link. So far, I got the $50 when I emailed GC support to join the OIC, and finally last night I got $50 from somewhere (I presume GC) when I hit the raked hands requirement. Now that I got that, what else am I getting? $50? $100? Im throughouly confused as to whats going on with affiliates and RAF and all that but whatever the answer is, thanks for referring me! [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

2) To those that havent gotten anything, playing 150 raked hands at the GC takes a LONG time. Im not sure how they measure a raked hand (and I think there are some threads on this), but I played about 10-15 table hours after factoring in multi-tabling and still wasnt there yet. So be patient, and email support at the GC for a raked hand update.

Thanks!
Old 11-13-2003, 02:36 PM

Default Re: A few comments

Also, if you feel that you've met the raked hand requirement, e-mail them to ask how many raked hands you have played. I e-mailed them and they told me I had played 275 raked hands and to give them the alias of the person I signed up under so the funds could be credited to my account (btw, I had already told them twice that I signed up under Inthacup).

-- Homer