Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2003, 02:30 PM

Default How long for party 1-tables?

Does anyone has any firm numbers for their average length of time for either limit or no limit one tables? I know that if you play to the last hand it falls right between 40-45 minutes. My average in NLH, with limited data, is 37 minutes.

MS Sunshine
Old 11-05-2003, 02:35 PM

Default Re: How long for party 1-tables?

What level? I know that at the $30 level, I took a small sampling (maybe 40) and came up with an average of about 35 minutes. This was based on their tournament summary emails - so it's start to finish. Granted, I did notice later that sometimes their tourney summary cuts off before the tourney is over. So that may have skewed it a little.
This is all for No Limit.

At the higher levels, I'm sure they are longer. Especially now that they have starting stacks of 1000.
Old 11-05-2003, 02:41 PM

Last month...

69 sessions, all $11 pl or nl, 34 minutes 48 seconds.

Also, it was a terrible month on Party for me, so I would expect a low figure. Thankfully I'm at UB mostly.

Lori
Old 11-05-2003, 04:28 PM

I'm playing the Party $33 NLH. Good point about the starting chips in the higher buyins, I had forgot about that.

I'm starting at the $33 because well honestly I'm unhappy with my play of late. I'm only playing NLH because most of them play NLH like they are a Jap Zero going for a carrier deck. Thank you WPT. I'm breakeven right now and unhappy about it, but plan to work on it for a few hundred tournaments. Last year when I was playing these my stat was 36% ROI. The competition was tougher, but you could do some table selection. That is no longer the case. If you wait to get one of the last four seats of a one table at Party there is a good chance of being shut out during the evening hours in the smaller buyins. Also the pool of players for the $33's is so large you rarely see the same REALLY LIVE live ones again. There is also that annoying problem of someone doing an oversized idiot allin and going bust before you open their note box. Then they're gone for good and the note funtion will not work.

MS Sunshine
Old 11-05-2003, 05:08 PM

I've been playing the $30s for several hundred tourneys. My ROI is about 25%.

You're totally right about the tables. I never bother with table selection, but still try to "note" crazy players. What I've started to do is open notes on any players that go allin early. If they bust out, their notes are still open. If it's a legit hand, I close the box. If it's garbage, I note them. (I still am too slow sometimes though [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])
Old 11-06-2003, 02:23 PM

Default On Noting Busted out players

What I do: open a notepad window, and write the note manually in the party format. Then, at the end of my session, I add the new notes to my Party notes file (AFTER I close the party client) and voila.

Best,

Zooey
Old 11-06-2003, 03:08 PM

I'm breakeven right now and unhappy about it, but plan to work on it for a few hundred tournaments.

Playing 10/20 at the same time as playing 28 handed in a tourney is not going to help your tourney results.

I think your 10/20 EV for the next hour is probably $30-50 at an approximate guess and I feel that you are giving more than that up by not sitting out and concentrating on the final stages of the tourney.

Lori
Old 11-06-2003, 03:22 PM

You mean just play one game? Is that even possible?

MS Sunshine

p.s. I only stop playing in $160 avg $10-20 games for two reasons. Fire and heart attack.
Old 11-06-2003, 03:28 PM

p.s. I only stop playing in $160 avg $10-20 games for two reasons. Fire and heart attack

Point received loud and clear.

Just to point out that the current levels in your tourney equate to 20-40, or to look at it another way, it is nearly a $300 two table sng.

Lori
Old 11-06-2003, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
MSSUNSHINE: I only stop playing in $160 avg $10-20 games for two reasons. Fire and heart attack.

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess Mary slipping into something sexy falls under the heart attack excuse. She would be hard to ignore. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]