Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2003, 11:59 AM

Default 3 Hands from $5-$10 online

HAND #1
8 handed $5-$10 game, I am in CO+1 with J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Loose passive game for the most part.
UTG Calls, Fold, Fold, I call, CO call, Button Raises, SB folds, BB calls. The 3 limpers call. 5 to the flop with 5 BB’s.
Flop is 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
BB bets, UTG folds, I raise, CO Folds, Button 3-bets. BB folds. I call. I have only seen the button play 1 round, and he has been loose aggressive.

TURN is Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I Check, Button bets. I raise. He 3-bets. I cap. He calls.

RIVER is T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
What is your play on the river?

HAND #2
10 handed $5-$10 game. Fairly loose passive.
UTG folds. I limp with UTG+1 with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Call, Call, Call, Fold, Fold, Fold, SB calls and BB checks. 6 to the flop with 3 BB’s in the pot.

FLOP is Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Checked around.

TURN is T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Checked around.

RIVER is A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
SB bets, BB calls. What’s your play? What are your thoughts on the flop and river?

Hand #3
10 Handed $5-$10 game. Folded to MP who is very loose. He raises. Folded to me in the CO. I 3 bet with 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Button caps it. SB AND BB call along with MP. I call. 5 to the flop with 10 BB’s.

Flop is A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Checked to me. I check. Button bets. EVERYONE folds to me. What is your play?
Old 11-04-2003, 12:07 PM

Default Re: 3 Hands from $5-$10 online

Hand #1

River: check-fold or at least check-call and expect to loose to a pocket pair house.

Hand #2

I might bet the turn, but there are a few to act behind you.
Raise the river here, I think the flush draw would have bet out somewhere here and the SB has a sole Ace.

Hand #3

I don't mind the 3 bet isolation preflop but with the cap and the over cards on the flop I feel you have a clear fold.

Welcome to the forum,
Joe Tall
Old 11-04-2003, 02:22 PM

On Hand #3, with 10.5 BB's already in the pot, you think it is best to fold when it is head's up? Wouldn't it be best to call to hope to spike an 9 or check-raise to get someone to fold TT - QQ?
Old 11-04-2003, 02:41 PM

1. bet/fold to a raise, check call, check fold.
2. fold preflop, call the river
3. fold

Old 11-04-2003, 05:22 PM

Default RESULTS

HAND #1
I checked the river. He checked and my straight was good. He had AJ?? Anyway, I would probably have folded to a bet on the river....yikes.

HAND #2
I just called on the river. Hoping for overcalls and thinking someone might have picked up the flush on the river given there were so many limpers. The 3 players behind me folded and my 2-pair were good. In hidsight, I should have raised. The chances of a flush were small given the betting action so far and I think I would have been called down by single A's. The other 2 players in the hand on the end had an A.

Hand #3
I check raised the flop and took it down right there. I figured the pot was large enough to put in a check raise bluff. If he had TT - QQ, he would probably fold fearing my KK, AA or AK or any A for that matter since I 3-bet pre-flop.
Old 11-04-2003, 06:05 PM

I cheated by looking at the results before replying, but here's what I would have said:

1) Check-call. Most would say Check-fold, but it's Party. Well, I'm assuming it's Party the way AJ 3-bet the turn.
2) Iffy. I think I would have raised, and then thought long and hard about folding to a 3-bet. But I think the way you played it was okay, if not better than raising -- as you pointed out you might have gotten callers behind you after all.
3) I love the check-raise. That's what I would have done. Easy fold to a 3-bet or a reraise on the turn. Too much money in there to not try this.