Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2003, 02:49 PM

Default Help figuring out rake in Poker Tracker please

Hey everyone,

I am currently under Crocksucker's affiliate program, and because Empire is cracking down on using trackers, he has asked me to keep track of my own rake via Poker Tracker. I know that there is at least one problem with Poker Tracker and rake where if you split a pot with someone, it assigns all the rake to you. However, I feel that there may be more problems because of a few posts I have seen where someone who has a rake tracker from Empire got different results for the same person who used Poker Tracker to track rake.

Anyways... I have another problem with tracking rake via Poker Tracker. I have PT set to auto request hand histories every 18 minutes (I play 3 tables), and sometimes the hand histories never come. Fortunately, I am able to tell how many hands I have missed exactly by comparing how many hands I had in PT before my session, adding that to how many hands Empire has told me I have played, and then subtracting that from how many hands I have in my PT after I am done.

So here's my question. I am missing 250 hands in my database from 5/10, and 500 hands from 3/6. How can I figure out about how much rake that is? Crock told me that the average rake per hand at 5/10 is 2.50, but I think that's a hand you are INVOLVED in. I obviously have no way of telling from those 250 hands how many I was involved in, since I don't have them.

Also, if an affiliate or anyone else who is knowledgable about rake could take a look at my Poker Tracker statistics and tell me if they seem about right, that would be great. Here they are:

Rake for the Month of October:

1/2 6 max: $14.00. # of hands: 264
3/6: $741.00. # of hands: 2,400
5/10: $272.00. # of hands: 8,331
Total Rake: $1,027. # of hands: 10,995

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-Brian
Old 11-03-2003, 03:36 PM

Default Re: Help figuring out rake in Poker Tracker please

So here's my question. I am missing 250 hands in my database from 5/10, and 500 hands from 3/6. How can I figure out about how much rake that is? Crock told me that the average rake per hand at 5/10 is 2.50, but I think that's a hand you are INVOLVED in. I obviously have no way of telling from those 250 hands how many I was involved in, since I don't have them.

This is the big problem with using PT to track rake. It only counts rake on hands that you win, so if you are a tight player you will win less pots so your rake isnt as high as a true assessment.

The real way to calculate rake contribution doesnt matter if you play the hand or not. If you fold preflop you are still getting rake paid to the affiliate. The calculation is rake in that hand divided by seated players (minus anyone sitting out). This can vary every hand depending on size of pot and players moving in and out of the game.

If you are a player who is playing tight and winning less pots then you will be getting screwed by using PT to track affiliate money.
Old 11-03-2003, 03:39 PM

curse pokertracker to hell.

i would like to state for the record that i had no knowledge that this was how pokertracker calculated rake, and i had/have no intention of screwing any of my signups this way.

any chance the next version will include a total rake from all the hands you were dealt in?
Old 11-03-2003, 05:02 PM

Hi Jedi,

Thanks for the help. Crock and I are using a tracker program now... Poker Tracker was way off on my rake for the past month.

-Brian
Old 11-03-2003, 08:10 PM

The intent with Poker Tracker was to show how much rake was taken in pots you won. It was never intended to help people track their bonuses for affiliate sign ups.
Old 11-04-2003, 07:53 PM

Hm, are you sure it isn't already there.
There is Total Rake at Summary page. I think you may calculate your rake share as Party do this way:

- Set Time period at Preferences
- Think about limits separately

1. Go to Summary page, write down Total Rake and Avg.Rake of every limit.
For example:
Limit...Total Rake...Avg.Rake
3/6...$7,016...$1.47
2/4...$10,033...$0.93

2. Go to Sessions Notes page, write down hands amount and AP (average players in game) of each limit. For example for same period:
3/6...5,056 hands...AP=8.8
2/4...11,192 hands...AP=8.9

3A. Divide your Total Rakes by AP:
3/6...$7,016/8.8 = $797.27
2/4...$10,033/8.9 = $1127.30

3B. Or divide Avg.Rake by AP and multiply to hands number:
3/6...1.47/8.8*5056 = $844.58
2/4...0.93/8.9*11192 = $1169.5

I don't know why 3A and 3B differ from each other but actual number is somewhere close to it. Take lower ones (3A) or higher (3B) depending on who you are - affiliate or player :-)
I am aware that this way we ignore actual players number for specific hands (using AP instead) when they have specific weights but just hope this is still not too far from real share paid because of big number of hands and very low size of rake payment per hand comparing to totals size. However if you want clearly precise result try to filter hands by player number (setting first "2 to 2 players", then "3 to 3 players") and do every time 1-3A/B and accumulate totals. I am not sure is filter works equally well for all PokerTracker pages I mentioned.

Point me my mistakes if any.
Old 11-04-2003, 08:47 PM

Hehe, I know why 3B is bigger than 3A. That's because I multiply per-hand-rake by number of ALL hands not just raked hands. So use 3A, because 3B is incorrect.
Old 01-26-2004, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Poster: crockpot
Subject: Re: Help figuring out rake in Poker Tracker please

curse pokertracker to hell.

i would like to state for the record that i had no knowledge that this was how pokertracker calculated rake, and i had/have no intention of screwing any of my signups this way.

any chance the next version will include a total rake from all the hands you were dealt

WOW why did you not tell me this in your PM to me?

Old 01-26-2004, 07:36 PM

Crock and I are using a tracker program now... Poker Tracker was way off on my rake for the past month.

Any updates on your rake rebates? Are you getting what Pokertracker says?
Old 01-28-2004, 07:03 AM

i would like to state for the record that i had no knowledge that this was how pokertracker calculated rake, and i had/have no intention of screwing any of my signups this way

How are you calculating the rake after you told me this is the way you do it?