Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2003, 02:22 AM

Default My new role at Royal Vegas Poker

Starting 5 PM Pacific time, Wednesday, November 5 I will be playing and coaching players during and after Royal Vegas Poker's "Play the expert" tournaments. One of the prizes will be my analysis of players' style, strengths, and weaknesses, plus recommendations for improvements.

My alias will be the one people have given me on these forums, "Dr_Al."

As my profile on these forums states, I am not an expert player, and I don't give advice on how to play a particular hand. However, I am qualified to look at the way other players — especially non-experts — play their hands and do the sort of analysis and recommendations I've mentioned. I've been writing on these subjects for years.

That's what I'll be doing at Royal Vegas Poker, and I'd like to invite you to visit us and talk to me during these tournaments. A number of highly regarded experts will be playing, and there will be bounties and other incentives for knocking out the experts.

Since the arrangements are not complete, I won't mention names or give the details about these tournaments. I'll just say that some excellent players will be there, and you'll probably enjoy meeting them.

Hope to see you there.

Regards,

Al

P.S. I have never broken Two Plus Two's policy against advertising. Mason and discussed this issue, and he agreed that this announcement is acceptable.
Old 11-04-2003, 01:33 AM

Default Re: My new role at Royal Vegas Poker

I was thinking of buying your book.Now I don"t think I will.
Old 11-04-2003, 01:41 AM

Dear Bob,

I'm not sure what your point of you post is, but Dr. Al is a psychologist and his book is about psychology (and I'm probably spelling that wrong on both counts). His book is one of my favorites and is damn good if you ask me, so personally I hope you don't buy it.

Peace,
Jason
Old 11-04-2003, 01:43 AM

I was thinking of buying your book.Now I don"t think I will.

Geesh. I'm gathering you feel that RV is a shady operation? Even if it is, it's not like Al is selling crack to children.

-- Homer