Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2003, 09:07 AM

Default £25NL, 55 UTG

Thanks to your answers to my last post about TPTK on the Flop, I am not getting sucked out on as much, Which is always good.

Now to the hand. 25NL Party. Just joined the table. I have $24.50
I have 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] UTG, and limp. 5 others Limp, SB completes and BB checks. Flop comes 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. It is checked to me, I bet $5 on a $4 pot, only MP calls who has me covered.Don't know anything about him. Turn brings K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. What is your play?
Results in next post
Old 10-28-2003, 09:18 AM

Default Results

I checked, fearing he completed his flush draw. He Bet $5 into a $14 pot. I called. River was 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I checked again, He set me all in ( $14) I called. He had 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]! and Took down this nice pot.
couldn't believe he was on a straight draw! aren't the fish fun to play with, but I didn't like my play one bit. In fact I should have folded on the turn. I think. but look forward to your replys.
ZC
Old 10-28-2003, 10:33 AM

Default Re: Results

Against an average player there aren't enough hands you can beat on the turn. You're getting 3:1 that means you have to be able to beat 1 in 4 of his hands here that he would play like this to breakeven, you should assume effective odds though since you'll have to call a river bet. This player, there are enough hands that you'll beat 1 in 4, most players it's not close.