Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2003, 11:09 AM

Default Zoo v RGP Draw Challenge?

During the run-up to the fun, practise tourney with SS I posted in RGP.

Here are the two responses:

"If Paul G and Gary Carson are willing, we could make a draw team,challenging the 2+2 crowd.
TD Lowball --"

"I think it's just silly. I think anybody that even thinks of themselves as part of a "2+2 crowd" isn't really worth the time it takes to talk to them.
If they want to lay some odds I might reconsider.
Gary Carson."

So, who's on?

What odds do we want to offer that Mother with a capital M?

Old 10-25-2003, 11:34 AM

Default Re: Zoo v RGP Draw Challenge?

Now, I'm going to get flamed here, but Carson's book was indeed helpful to my game. Two reasons, number one it made me think about how different hands can be played differently. Number two, it made think about how others played hands differently than I might. Now, I read his book after I read Jones and Krieger, but before TOP and HPFAP. I think the Jones book expounded upon by TOP and HPFAP have been most beneficial to my game, but Carson's book was worthwhile, although not nearly to the degree that TOP in particular was.

Nevertheless, Carson is a trash-talking, arrogant a-hole. A prick, basically. I respect Gary and his writing and his play. However, the dude has an opionon on everything and he certainly does not respect any one else's opine if it differs from him.

You can tell that MF that he can stick his odds up his ass and put his money where his mouth is and play it straight-up if he's so confident. why does he want odds if they are the challengers and "the better group of players". That punkass knows he'd get wiped and wants to cover his bets.

On a side-note, Lowball is very solid, good player and good guy IMO, despite his infinite crusade against Sklansky, Mallmuth and two plus two in general. Despite that, he needs to put or shut-up, but he can hold his own.
Old 10-25-2003, 11:43 AM

24hpoker do pot limit 5 card draw.

Or ultimate have triple draw lowball, which could be a lot of fun (only play money game there though, but maybe they'd open up a money tourney for us if we asked nicely.
Old 10-26-2003, 01:06 AM

i'm not that great at draw but i'm up for the challenge, someday we'll have a heads up tourney which is the game i suck less at
Old 10-26-2003, 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's just silly. I think anybody that even thinks of themselves as part of a "2+2 crowd" isn't really worth the time it takes to talk to them.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have and like Gary's book, I've sat at online poker tables and chatted cordially with Gary, and even sat next to him at a game in Gulfport once and had a good time. He just likes to shoot from the hip to get a reaction out of people, IMO. I wouldn't take anything typed by Gary Carson on r.g.p. with less than a grain of salt.