Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2003, 02:06 PM

Default Are bonuses worth the effort?

Let's see........ to clear my $100 paradise bonus I would need to play 1000 $10 sit and go's. If I average one every 30 minutes it would take me 500 hours. Seems like a lot of work for $100. I think this is close to the norm for working off bonus dollars though.

The math for ring games would be more difficult due to shorthanded games and different rake structures at different levels. I know the bonus would be worked off much more quickly in ring games. I think bonuswhores.com has more information on working off bonus dollars and the dollars per hour at various levels.

For tournies I think this would be a 10% rake rebate. Sometimes I wonder if bonuses are worth the effort required to obtain. I guess the difference is hopefully the bonus offer will attract more fish to the site. Although I really think the mainstream advertising attracts many more fish than the bonus offers. The bonus offer may 'reload the existing fish' but does little to attract new fish. Anyway - that is my rambling $.03 worth (inflationary increases impact us all).
Old 10-12-2003, 02:16 PM

Default Re: Are bonuses worth the effort?

Party bonuses are 500 raked hands or ten hours of five ten or above, so $10 per hour or $30 per hour if you can play three tables.

That is probably the "ideal" bonus amount...but even at $3/6 you should be getting 30 raked hands per hour shucks make it 18 hours divided by three for 6 clock hours for $100 bucks...

UB, Stars and sometimes Paradise, are much longer and harder...so be sure to clean out your party account when you play your empire account and get those excite 25 comeback bonuses...and of course vice versa!
Old 10-12-2003, 04:35 PM

Default Re: Are bonuses worth the effort?

At some sites (e.g. party and skins) it's definitely worth it. For other sites, it depends on how valuable your time is to you. So, the best way to decide is to figure out the hourly rate for the bonus and base your decision on that.

On our website, jek187 has estimated hourly rates for bonuses at several different sites for ring and short handed games at various limits.