Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Other Gambling Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2003, 04:24 AM

Default Game of the Year (NFL)

Well this only goes once a season so here it is N.O. Saints -5.5 vrs Chi. Bears, take NO and lay the 5.5. This Chi. team is absolutly horrid they won their only game last week when the vastly over-rated Raiders fell apart late. NO only has 1 victory as well this year but talent wise they are far better. To many leaks for Chi., plus letdown from last weeks great comeback = major beating ny NO. If this game was a few weeks ago line is 10-11 pts easily. NO has alot of talent and they get the win going away. So to repeat my game of the year is NO Saints -5.5pts. (BTW I read that WB took Chi in his challenge picks, I would appreciate if he post why, please.)
Old 10-10-2003, 03:05 AM

Default NO - 5.5, Big Al\'s shoe in of week also, NM

Old 10-10-2003, 10:53 AM

Default Re: Game of the Year (NFL)

I think the Saints are toast, why would you put your "game of the year" on a team that is just playing so poorly? Also I think a lot of people are acting like the Bears think they are going to get one win this week and that was it, but winning in OT by 3 isn't the stuff of letdown city in my book. They played a good game last week, the defense looked better but the offense couldn't do a thing most of the game. Then Kordella got into a groove and everything clicked and the defense stepped up and aided the comeback. The line was blocking well and the receivers weren't dropping passes. In all instead of getting on the lucky comeback wagon I sense most people are on, I saw a team coming together and finally playing up to a better standard. They are adjusting to the injuries they have and should be a better team going forward.

The Aints on the other hand have zero momentum, little hope for the season and the speculation of the coach being sent on his way can't be more than a loss or two away. I thought they would put up their best effort of the year so far last week and to a degree it was a decent effort, but full of inconsistentcy and poor play calling leading to yet another disappointing loss.

I just can't see laying so many points here on a team in this mess playing a team that might have at least righted the ship and has that confidence going with them into this week.
Old 10-10-2003, 11:12 AM

Default Re: NO - 5.5, Big Al\'s shoe in of week also, NM

hey fellas,

im a bit new to internet posting, what's "n/m"??

thanks.
Old 10-10-2003, 11:45 AM

Default \"no message\" (nm)

Old 10-12-2003, 10:03 PM

Default Easy Winner

Game never really in doubt in the second half as NO was up by 7 or more for the whole 4th quater and half of the 3rd. They might be the Aints but the Da Bears are still the Da Bears. Looks like this week will be party time.
Old 10-12-2003, 11:30 PM

Default Re: Easy Winner

I like your definition of easy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-13-2003, 12:41 AM

Well when your covering the spread for roughy 25mins of the 2nd half, and 6 mins of it your covering by 2 scores I would consider it an easy win. If it wasnt an easy win (maybe in 50% of peoples mind it wasn't) they were in my mind definitly the right side.
Old 10-13-2003, 10:49 AM

It was the right side, but easy in my book is your team is covering by at least a couple of scores for much of the game. Reason I say it is because I bet the 1st half and the game and ended up just losing juice. If you aren't covering by halftime on an under TD line and are in danger of being behind if the opponent scores for most of the game, that is hard to classify as easy, at least IMO. Not to mention those that waited until late Sunday morning may not have even covered, I saw some 7s on the board but I had already bet so I lost the chance at the push. No matter, you are right the Saints were the better side and the stats bear out your prediction.