Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2003, 10:49 AM

Default Kansas City 15-30 hand, comments?

I was sitting in a fairly aggressive 10 handed table last night and came back to the table to find it had eased up. Some people were now limping as opposed to where they would normally raise. I had missed my blind and posted after the button.

EP solid player limp opens, solid player to his left limps, erratic player limps, very aggressive raises. I look down and see 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I'm getting 7:1 odds immediately with double that implied if everyone calls. I throw out my 15 to call the raise. Weak tight in SB cold calls, BB calls, all limpers call. 7 people see the flop for 2 bets.

Flop

Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] j [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I flop the second nuts, and don't believe that most in this game limp with k/10 due to the way the games was.

SB comes out betting, BB folds, solid folds, calls to aggresive who raises, I 3 bet, SB caps, all call. 5 people see the turn for a pot that is now 17 big bets

Turn comes off an A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. This doens't hurt me. There is still only 1 hand that can beat me and the pot is pretty substantial now. SB comes out betting again and solid player raises. Every calls to me and I just call at this point. The pot is now 27 big bets.

The river comes off a low spade checks to the erratic player who bets out. Do you make this call due to the huge pot even though you are almost certain that flush is there? How was my play?
Old 10-08-2003, 11:24 AM

Default Re: Kansas City 15-30 hand, comments?

i would raise the turn. and you should make the call after the ERRATIC player bets on the end every single time. you don't make money by tossing away good hands in monster pots on the river for one bet. he'd have to show me the flush to make me fold.
Old 10-08-2003, 11:27 AM

There is no way in the world that I do NOT 3-bet the turn.

I'm pretty sure I'm calling one bet on the end.

~stephen
Old 10-08-2003, 11:59 AM

Raise the turn. It is not close.
Old 10-08-2003, 01:08 PM

I would have DEFINITELY raised the turn, and I'll definitely call the river at this point - the pot is gigantic.

On the turn, there are too many draws and probable second best hands to collect from. Unless the raiser is ultra-tight with his raises, I'd be inclined to 3bet every time.
Old 10-08-2003, 01:31 PM

I'd have folded pre-flop, done what you did (3-bet) the flop, raised the turn, and called the river. If he's erratic, it's not for sure that he has the flush.
Old 10-09-2003, 09:38 AM

The erratic player did have the flush, he turned over A/5. SB turned over pocket 9s for a flopped set, solid player turned over K/10 for the flopped nut straight (I never thought he would limp with that) late aggressive shows his JJ for a flopped set and of course my second best straight for a total of 4 strong hands flopped all caught up to by the draw.
Old 10-09-2003, 10:20 AM

I'd have called preflop, you almost have to... you're half way in, with a hand that's ok, but does play well multi-way... with complete assurance that it will be multi-way, that's a no-brainer call, and if you fold that, you're playing way too tight.

Flop & turn i'd have raised every chance i got... if someone turns over the nut straight, well u'll just have to lose to it (btw, which means i'd have played exactly like you did, except i'd probably have raised the turn, unless i got a read from the solid player that he had a very good hand).

With 6 players, I'd have folded the river when the spade hit.
Old 10-09-2003, 10:21 AM

especially have folded the river when a new player (who had been calling the whole way) bets out, and especially with overcallers... i'd only call the eratic bet on the river if i was the last left with no other callers.