Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2003, 03:09 AM

Default UB $10+$1 AA hand

I pick up A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] two from the button. 1 caller to me, I raise to T200, CO calls. Blinds are 30/60. Three to flop of:

3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Checked to me, I bet the pot, T690, they fold immediately. I've been showing down good hands and stealing the blinds a lot. Would you play this one differently? I think I might have been able to squeeze more out of the hand somehow, but my pre-flop raise and no flop bet might look a bit suspect. Please help.
Old 10-08-2003, 01:00 PM

Default Re: UB $10+$1 AA hand

I think scooping T490 without having to show a hand is not a bad way to go at all, especially since you only start with T1000.

You should always be careful about slowplaying your bullets, as you'll lose some very big pots in the process... and usually only to gain a little extra payoff.
Old 10-08-2003, 02:16 PM

I think you played it fine. I used to play AA a little slower and found myself giving away too many opportunities and letting my opponents catch a set or straight. You got them to call and got a good flop. Take the money and run.
Old 10-08-2003, 02:24 PM

You don't mention stack sizes but you likely did fine. I often bet 2/3 of the pot instead of the full pot. They may have folded anyways.

Ken Poklitar