Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2003, 10:02 AM

Default Poker Stars SnG\'s

I played a 2 table NL the other night and was heads up with this guy. He types I'm really tired, I'm just going to raise every time until I lose. I new he was full of BS. I just turned off my chat and played my best. I had T21000 he had T9000 the blinds were 1000/2000, I really wanted to get this guy! I ended up second. GRRRRRRRR, I played 3 SnG's last night, I was the big stack entering heads up in all three games but lose heads up? I'm playing too aggressive with the wrong hands. Is there a typical reason why some people don't play well heads up? Can anyone point me to the best book on online NL touranment and heads up play. I've read(Ken Warren-Limit,Sklansky-Holdem) I learned alot from both.

Thanks
Jess72
Old 10-04-2003, 10:29 AM

Default Re: Poker Stars SnG\'s

I dont think there are any decent books on HU. Practice at low buy in limit HU freezeouts. The reason I say limit is that you want to see a lot of hands and get a good feel for what wins and loses, post flop hand reading etc.

Use this PF strategy:

Raise 50% of the time regardless of your hand, 1/2 of your remaining good hands slow play, 1/2 of your remaining good hands raise. Call with the rest of your bad hands. Good hands here are any pair, any A, any K, any 20.

In the BB rereaise with the above good hands, call everything else except x2o or x3o, more than max spread.

These kind of aggressive standards will get you used to the aggression of heads up, and when to push or back off post flop. Youll win your fair share against weak players and learn quickly.
Old 10-05-2003, 11:19 AM

You cannot be suggesting that there is no time to lay down hands while playing heads up? You have to fold just to protect the bluffs that you are making during aggresive session
Old 10-06-2003, 03:51 AM

He seems to like to always see the flop...

He has said some of my suggestions were not so good, this is payback!

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

-t