Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2003, 10:24 AM

Default Onlinechamp is back on 2+2

You know what instead of hiding my identity I will flat out tell you I am back on here just to respond to the recent posts. My website for starters was meant for the SOLE purpose to make $$$ lets not lie here like (eugeneel) and 2nd purpose was to help beginners/others understand the game better now I got sports picks on there and I win money from Jerry's famous picks every week. I am not hear to preach about my forum/site , this is not a publictiy stunt I just need to clear up some loose ends. Reason I began poker in the first place (and I am SURE it is a common one)? Make some quick and big $$$ (FALSE IMPRESSION got the best of me since I been playing). Do I have a gambling problem? Funny you all ask this question I personally don't think I got a 100% problem because: 1. I can quit at any moment (STRICT CONDITIONS APPLY-I would have to recover loses =which is a common gambling problem)-side note-I DON'T ACCEPT FAILURE even if I suck at it I WILL RISE UP AND GET BETTER ASK CATHEMERAL back from UB and many others (I have improved). Couple more loose ends IT IS A FACT I NEVER CHEATED AT 3-6 OMAHA HI LO AT UB EVER the reason I got BANNED MUST have been for bothering ANNIE DUKE. Now that this is clear I will currently be giving up poker in the sense that I WILL NOT REPEAT WILL NOT DEPOSIT ANY MORE $$$ into ANY POKER SITE (this is sorta a test to myself to see if I got a gambling problem I am sure I won't deposit $$ but If I do I agree with people who say I do have one and will TREAT it appropriately). It is now 10:10 am and I am rather sleepy so I will be going to bed in a few. Oh more reasons I got into gambling 1. I like $$$ (heck who doesn't but I AM IN LOVE with it-side note-not for the wrong reasons-mainly to help others and succeed in life myself) 2. As a social life something to do on weekends seeing how I don't do much. I want to make sure you don't EVER again get a FALSE whats the word description of me. As far as my career has gone I am good at o8 (I rate myself SUPER GOOD because I AM VERY Good when I WANT TO BE-another thing people will not understand-sometimes I AM NOT ALWAYS at my A GAME-yea I lose tons during this cycle and heck it lasts weeks sometimes). Annie Duke apologies go out to you (we were friends can't you forgive and forget those aim conversations-under a lot of tension) and DB on stars for exposing his real name. Also I would like to give a shout out to ALEXTREP=ALEXT this guy has truly been a friend since my days at UB has helped me understand many things. Also my fans if I still got any supporters(remember hero's get remembered but legends like myself-there goes my ego- never die). Like I said ASK anyone I am a very good o8 player when I AM ON MY GAME. Linden arden=dolores will admit I whooped him 1-1 when I first joined stars. Hmm...Boy the grammer is bad hope you understand this lengthy post and I will be watching for any comments and or questions towards me (I am always willing to work with you on your o8 game or whatever my aim is champhstonlne-email-champ@onlinechamppoker.com). Last thoughts yea yea you knew this was coming so don't even go there.... I was thinking of putting up a WEB CAM on my main page (A UNIQUE idea by a TRUE MASTER MIND) of me playin LIVE games heads up or something just so you all can have some fun on my site. This is just an idea I think it would sure help traffic and revenue and heck why not give back a % of the money I make in a freeroll event at the end of the month or something. Please don't lose focus on the last sentences which are what YOU ALL LOVE TO CALL SPAM (if you don't like me or anything I say just ignore this whole post but remember I tell the truth and I come here to give you the heads up).

Please don't delete this post Matt! ( I won't be posting here just to clear up false impressions etc.)

Simon Diamond what ever happened thought we were cool guess not(been reading your champ bashing posts).
Old 10-03-2003, 10:33 AM

Default Re: Onlinechamp is back on 2+2

Champ, you have a gambling problem. You lost 50,000 in 2 years. You got a lot back, and now have lost 30 grand again.

"I can quit at any time, but not when I'm down."

That means you can't quit at any time. You need help.

Please don't flame this guy, feel bad for him. I have corresponded with him over email, it is quite sad really. Champ quit gambling, poker, sports and anything else.

Get your life back on track.

And Mat, you really shouldn't delete this thread as it could spark a good discussion on the perils of gambling addictions, particularly with internet gambling. (what this forum is about.) If you delete this thread it will be painfully clear you don't have the first clue about what a moderators job should be.
Old 10-03-2003, 10:42 AM

Champ quit gambling, poker, sports and anything else.

This is a better solution than mine, but one I doubt you can manage.

Lori
Old 10-03-2003, 10:55 AM

I disagree. If he is a winning poker player, then time not spent playing poker is time not spent making money. That's almost as bad as losing money. Gambling is only an addiction if you are losing.
Old 10-03-2003, 10:59 AM

I am a winning mcdonalds worker, does that make it wrong for me to not work there? The issue is oppurtunity cost.
Old 10-03-2003, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am a winning mcdonalds worker, does that make it wrong for me to not work there? The issue is oppurtunity cost.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?
Old 10-03-2003, 04:55 PM

Good point. Another aspect of "opportunity costs" is what you miss out in life if you're spending 15 hours a day in front of your puter. How much do you value going out with friends or reading a good book? You can be doing something much less profitable, and much more rewarding with your time.

The essential quality of addiction is that it distorts ones ability to make value judgments, or at least thwarts ones power to act upon the value judgments made. For instance, while a smoker gains some measure of enjoyment from smoking, a person not addicted to nicotine cannot plausibly argue that this enjoyment measures up to what is lost, e.g., years of life (both in quantity and quality). One addicted to nicotine, however, either makes an incorrect value judgment ("Its worth a few years") or, as with me when I was a smoker, fails to conform ones behavior to a correct value judgment ("I know its bad for me, but I just cant stop myself").

Therefore, a person may be addicted to poker tho hes making money at it, and, in fact, gains some enjoyment from playing, so long as he's not correctly offsetting the costs against these benefits, or he's under some psychological compulsion to play. Obviously, a winning player, then, is less likely to be "addicted" than a losing player, since profit from the enterprise must be considered as a benefit. In other words, a player making $20 an hour at the tables should be more willing to forgo reading the Fellowship of the Ring for the Nth time in order to play poker than the guy losing $20.
Old 10-03-2003, 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I disagree. If he is a winning poker player, then time not spent playing poker is time not spent making money. That's almost as bad as losing money. Gambling is only an addiction if you are losing.

[/ QUOTE ]

He has lost, and he is losing, BIG. He needs to quit.
Old 10-03-2003, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Gambling is only an addiction if you are losing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny you would say that, I am a compulsive gambler, and when I was younger I realized (incorrectly) I could never stop gambling on horses, so I only saw one cure, namely start winning.

Well, I am a winning pokerplayer, but am I am addict?

You Betya!.
Old 10-03-2003, 11:20 AM

Please don't flame this guy, feel bad for him.

Why should anybody feel bad for him? He brought this upon himself, so he has to deal with it.

I have suffered a great deal of personal trauma this year, yet I do not feel the need to come crying on the board about it. Instead I carry on and deal with it in private, nobody needs to feel bad for me.

Simon