Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2003, 08:57 PM

Default any advice on shutting up \"experts\"?

Another common expert on Party (h0lottagame) always drives the fish away and makes everyone play tighter. I've played him in 5-10 and 3-6 and he seems to talk a little less in 5-10 but in 3-6 he's always saying how he's amazed by the calls ppl make. In the game almost always tightens up and the fish leave.

My stats show him as a winning player, and he seems knowledgable enough, except he keeps refuting me when I try to explain to him that when the "experts" come out and start criticizing everyone else's play it just destroys the game.

This is probably my biggest pet peeve, and the only solution I have is to just put chat on mute but then you loose a little bit of the "feel" of the game when some ppl go on tilt or have personal vendettas vs. another player, etc.

I love it when the experts criticize me criticizing them... sometimes I wish I keep more than $4k online rather than cash out so I can just bring in my 'roll and say nothing. I like that approach. $4k doesn't impress as much as say $10k would... but who would keep $10k in their account, even if you do play 15-30?
Old 09-30-2003, 09:49 PM

Default Re: any advice on shutting up \"experts\"?

i usually like to use the "shhh, (fish name) is stacking your chips" approach. putting the expert on tilt can make up for him tightening the game up.

some people just never learn though, and if i can change to a nicer table i'll do it.
Old 09-30-2003, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
... but who would keep $10k in their account, even if you do play 15-30?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, lets see. Just about every winning player at that level I would guess. I have more than this for two reasons. One, they pay 10% interest up to $10K. Two, the swings involved with party's 15 games require a bankroll of this size.

As far as shutting up the morons, I usually just verbally assault them to keep the focus on me instead of the fish. Usually unites the table against the loudmouth, and often the expert leaves.

Tuco.
Old 09-30-2003, 10:15 PM

excuse my ignorace, but who pays 10% interest up to 10K?
Old 09-30-2003, 10:17 PM

Partypoker pays 10% on any account started before some date of this year. I think it is before February. If you missed out you are too late, i have asked and they wont give in.

There are some other stipulations such as hands played per month and minimum bankroll.

Old 09-30-2003, 11:32 PM

I post this link repeatedly until they shut up:

http://www.pokerpages.com/articles/a...negreanu13.htm

That usually works. If not, I helpfully inform them that according to Dan Negreanu, they're a moron- see link for more details.
Old 09-30-2003, 11:35 PM

If I had signed up early enough to get 10% deal I would keep more $ there, but I play 15-30 and 20-40 at BM and I don't need to keep more than $6k in cash around. If I lose $6k in one weekend it's definitely time to take a break. At B&M I usually money manage my way down... if I drop $4k I'll step down in limits for a couple hours. Depending on how I'm running and my state of mind I'll either step back up, grind at the lower limit, or just go home.

As far as online 15-30... I personally just do not trust it and/or collusion at the higher limits. I know a few other regular 15-30 and 20-40 players locally who will not play 15-30 online. I'd play up to 10-20 if available online. I suppose I've been jaded by my experiences at Paradise and I have 27k hands at 20-40 via PokerStat that shows some anomalies, but that's a different thread I should start.
Old 09-30-2003, 11:46 PM

min bankroll: 200
no more than 3 cash outs during the month.

Hands played is not a requirement - but you get the interest as bonus cash i think - so you will have to play it off to get it.

Bubs
Old 10-01-2003, 12:06 AM

I just cant believe party would pay 10 % on funds ... thats utterly amazing. I opened my account last year and never heard about this. I'll deposit 10K for 10% return, cant get that anywhere else that I know of. Does anyone else get this intrest? I'm going to have to email support, glad I read this post. Can anyone verify this takes place? Thanks in advance
Old 10-01-2003, 12:23 AM

Yeah it's great to get 1000/year when you pay them 40k in rake [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].