Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2003, 09:52 AM

Default Another KK post

Disclaimer: This is another "lost my stack with KK post," so if those drive you crazy, no need to read any further.

1 table SnG at UB, and I'm in 3-4th place of 5 with approximately T1600. The chip leader (CL) is sitting directly to my right. He has ~T3400 and has been very aggressive. Typical move for CL is to bet small on the flop, get one caller with much shorter stack, and then bet his entire stack on the turn. Most of the time, he has driven people off their hands. Once or twice, he's been busted and at least 3-4 times he's had a monster or rivered a monster to knock someone out.

To my left, the small stack, with ~T350. He's on his way out soon, and he knows it. He's in the BB.

Blinds are 40/80 (I think). Since UB doesn't allow you to email hand histories, this is done from memory but should be accurate enough to tell the story.

So, I'm in SB and wake up to K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I'm psyched. Folded to CL, who raises the minimum 80 to 160. He's been raising a bunch PF lately, so this could mean anything, especially with the small stack sitting in the BB.

I raise pot, T440 or so. BB pushes his chips in and CL, after thinking about it for a minute, calls as well.

Flop comes A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

What's the best play here?

Results to follow.