Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2003, 05:05 PM

Default Dead Games....

I play a lot of low limit hold em. Sometimes the games are so serious, that no one is talking at the table. I personally don't like playing in those games, but due to location, i can't really do much about it. Or can I? I guess all im askin is how to liven up a game with a bunch of people just sitting there? I always tend to do better when the game is live and everyone is having a good time. Plus the fact that I enjoy playing that much more. Who doesn't like to have fun at their job? (Im no pro, but you know what i mean).
Almost every article ive read on game atmosphere, all state that you should be liked at the table, so your opponents dont mind that they lose to you. So wouldn't i want everyone to have a great time giving me their money? What can I do to provoke a more welcome behavior at the table?
Thanks
Old 09-24-2003, 08:48 PM

Default Re: Dead Games....

Someone has to set the mood for the game. It may as well be you. For the first fiften minutes you have to be the life of the party. Telling a few jokes and flirting with the dealer is all it takes. Once everyone is having a good time, other players will add to the fun.
Old 09-25-2003, 02:58 AM

I find that a talkative game is good for action, especially if you are making people smile. Don't overdo it, but just enjoy the cards, grab a beer, sit backwards in your chair, whatever it is that can add a little something to the atmosphere. Often at a quiet table people are willing to talk if you have something interesting to talk about.
Old 09-25-2003, 08:31 AM

I take the opposite approach. I prefer to not be noticed, so I don't want to stand out. If the table is quiet, I'm quiet. If the table is chatty and jovial, I'm chatty and jovial.