Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2003, 07:44 PM

Default Interesting dialogue with Party

Brad:How may I help you today?

sauceisboss:hello......i am not able to reset my all ins?
sauceisboss:last week they were manually reset...can this be done again?

Brad:Please hold while I look into this for you.

sauceisboss:thank you

Brad:I am sorry Brian, but you have already completed you allin quota for the week..

sauceisboss:when is the last time it was reset
sauceisboss:?
sauceisboss:and when does a week begin and end in your book
sauceisboss:?

Bradn the 17 of September 2003..

sauceisbossk...so how many all ins do i get?
sauceisboss:in a week?

Brad:its basically 8 allins per week..

sauceisboss:so a week can begin and end at any point?
sauceisboss:if this is the case when am i able to have them reset?

Brad:your allins will be reset on the 18th of September 2003
Brad:that is tommorow.

sauceisbossk....how many hands have i played in the last week?

Brad:Please hold while I look into this for you.

sauceisboss:and also....what have i contributed in rake in the last week?

Brad:Brian, you have played 3938 number of raked hands for this week that is between 10th September 2003 to 17th September 2003..

sauceisbossk.....thats the number of raked hands i wont be playing with you guys next week

Brad:Is there a problem Brian,

sauceisboss:yes.....ive played 4000 raked hands this week...contributed more than $600 in rake and i cant get my all ins reset...i play 3 tables at a time so any internet connection problem results in 2 allins having to be reset

Brad:Please hold ..
Brad:Thank you for holding Brian..
Brad:We have reset your allins..
Brad:you can go ahead and play ..
Brad:We wish you best of luck for the games..

sauceisbossk...ty...regarding this policy i think it would be well advised on party's part to look into how many hands a person plays....

Brad:I will foward your suggestion to the concerned department..

sauceisboss:i understand why u have the policy but when someone plays teh number of hands i do they are bound to use more all ins

Brad:Sure Brian..

sauceisbossk.....i will be reset to 8 at midnight then too?

Brad:well Brian, you have a weekly limit of 8 allins..with a daily limit of 2 allins..

sauceisbossk then....please also forward this onto the concerned department... i will not play without all in protection...if my allins are done for the day then so is my playing

Brad:its already done Brian..

sauceisboss:i do thank you for your help though
Brad:you can go ahead and play

sauceisbossk...i have been ....thank you

Brad:My pleasure Brian

sauceisboss:have a great evening/morning

Brad:you too Brian..
Old 09-17-2003, 07:51 PM

Default Re: Interesting dialogue with Party

Stick it to the MAN!
Old 09-17-2003, 08:02 PM

Get a better internet connection.
Old 09-17-2003, 08:16 PM

Thank you kindly for the advice. Where would i go about finding information on upgrading my internet connection? This cable internet is the worse out there...what would be my best option? I look forward to your responce.

regards
cubwin
Old 09-17-2003, 08:30 PM

I probably play at least as much as you and I can't remember the last time I was all-in, nevermind using two in a day or eight in a week.

I have ADSL connection and it's much better than the cable I had previously.

I'm actually a little surprised and concerned that they reset your allins after seeing you use up 8 in 6 days. Not saying that you are cheating, but those that are (and there are ALOT of them at party) should not be able to get any more than 8. Even 8 seems high to me.

Tuco.
Old 09-17-2003, 09:10 PM

Yeah Tuco, but he played 4000 hands. Playing multiple tables there is a good chance of using two at once.

I think the quality of the allins means something. A player betting the nuts and going all-in is not abusing the system or a BB or SB preflop with no raise going allin means nothing, less than nothing. On the other hand two allins a week that are hands not getting good odds on a call, but a large pot, are way too much for me.

MS Sunshine
Old 09-17-2003, 09:12 PM

I am not sure why the cable internet just seems to fail. I had Cox communication come out and check for bleeding in the line but there was none. They said the connection was actually "very good" but cant explain why the connection will get bad at times.

As far as your suggstion to get DSL....while your DSL might be performing perfectly there is no guarentee that DSL service (or any other internet option) in another region will preform the same. The infastructure is different and thus so will be the performance or im my case lack of performance. This is why it is fruitless to make over simplified smart ass comments such as "get a better internet connection"...as some have done.

I understand the concern about allin cheating but i think that it is a more salient issue with no limit....which i only ever play in tournies and for which i have never timed out. I just think that party should take into consideration the number of hands one plays and the history (or lack there of) of complaints. I dont think that is too much to ask.

regards
cubswin
Old 09-17-2003, 11:09 PM

there is no guarentee that DSL service (or any other internet option) in another region will preform the same.

I had cable. It sucked. Always got diconnected. I got DSL. I never get disconnected. Thats all i know. Of course, I understand about as much about computers and ISP's as Sunshine's cats. Which is to say, less than your average 10 year old.

...but i think that it is a more salient issue with no limit

I would disagree with this. Since the vast majority of games online are limit, the relative damage the all-in cheaters inflict is much greater in limit. I guess because I am always on the wrong end of the cheaters, i'm slightly bitter.

Again, I don't think that you are cheating at all. Either Party has to get it's poop together regarding training CSA's about all-in abuse, or they should stick with the cap on all-ins per week. I think we know which one is more likely.

Tuco.

Old 09-17-2003, 11:28 PM

What kink of PC/CPU are you using? I too use cable and had problems. I was using a Pentium II and I would get constant lag. Tonight I took some of my profit and bought a Pentium 4 and am completely amazed at the difference. No more lag what-so-ever. Even though you have a cable connection, it will only go as fast as yout computer will allow.

(If this is not the problem please ignore...just trying a suggestion)
Old 09-17-2003, 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This cable internet is the worse out there

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem may be on your end. We had constant problems with our cable internet, however, the problem wasn't with the cable, it was with our computer not renewing its DHCP lease.