Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2003, 11:20 AM

Default Affiliate Pimps Clugging up this fine forum

All this affilaite BS on here is really stating to bug me..incessant on here.
It's obvious some players who once played semi/full-time professionally are know completely focused on this affiliate chit...but should'nt this really be a separate forum or banned alltogether?
This affilate pimping has no use to longtime loyal users only to new players or loyal players that are joining new rooms or skins(like MultiPoker).
I am surprised that 2+2 has allowed it to continue but it obvioulsy generates increased traffic from new players...but i think all this affilate chit SUX MY ASSS understand.There should be a separate area for it.
I mean the facts are this I know thru this forum and have played must of you affiliate pimps for years now.
There was a time maybe 6-8 months ago where I also thought about playing less and maybe pursuing this affiliate thing..lol I am glad I didnt becuase I choose to focus on poker ..what this whole site is supposed to be about...not self promtion.
Now if more of you Pimps want to offer something of marginal value to loyal posters and pros why dont you offer something more in the line with what Eugene has offered ...sharing of rake rebates.Now that is interesting stuff that helps players month in and month out ..maybe not alot.. but $200-400 rebate a month for a player that puts in decent hours.
Now you guys rag on Eugene for being arrogant ..which I agree he is about his own game but at least his affilate scheme is really beneficial to fulltime players..
All this affialte CHIT about referrals for firsttime players to all these sites is parasitic and focks up this board in my fuggin opinion.
If your game sux so bad and you make more pimpin then leave the pimpin on rgp or somewhere else..create a new forum on here..with 2+2's assisatnce .NewPlayer Forum with all your affilaite pimpin BS.
Old 09-11-2003, 11:39 AM

Default Re: Affiliate Pimps Clugging up this fine forum

If your game sux so bad and you make more pimpin then leave the pimpin on rgp or somewhere else.. create a new forum on here ..with 2+2's assisatnce .NewPlayer Forum with all your affilaite pimpin BS.

If you have such a problem with it, why not suggest a separate forum to the hierarchy?

The affiliate threads are of no relevance to me so I generally ignore them - in much the same way some people have commented that they ignore my threads on King of the Zoo. Simple really.

Simon
Old 09-11-2003, 11:49 AM

Very creative. Spam disquised as spam/affiliate self promotion. You slam the "affiliate pimps", yet mention one of the biggest self promoting "rake rebate" spammers that has stalked this forum in a long time. C- for originality, F for structure and content.
Old 09-11-2003, 12:10 PM

I am not spamming for eugene you idiot.
If I was spamming for Eugene ..hmmm lets see..what would be better ....hmmh lets see Offer a percentage of rake rebates to the player thus helping the player to make an extra 200-300 a month or just get referral bonuses and not share with the refered player any of the rake rebate..
You friigin clown look at the details before you blindly come to the defence of people who have been spamming this board for the last 3-6 months with referall pimping THAT GIVES NOTHING BACK TO THE PLAYER other than a quick 50 bucks or initial sign-up bonus.
THATs THE TRUTH.
Now if you want to suck up to a bunch of guys that post on here 12 times a day go ahead.
I play for a living .I have no affilation with Eugene other than I have asked him for more info on his program because I was intrigued by it.
See I like Lorinda nd others play massive hours and I make my living off this ..
You are way off base > I rarely post and I am not a spammer.
The facts are this..if you are pro/semi pro and have already signed up to 30 rooms this referal spamming is useless.Sure you can gloss over it but it now clogs the forum.
Would you rather come to the defence of Affilate pimps or help the loyal poster/frequent player who is looking for added value ?
Husker you blind little fuggin troll .I am not promoting anyone ..all I am looking out for is added value not added useless info on this forum.
If someone spams on here and I follow up on it and it helps me make more money from just my playing great..thats value added.
If I have to constantly wade thru new player sign-up and bonus referrals..thats wasted time.
Old 09-11-2003, 12:22 PM

you're not wanted here. please go away.
Old 09-11-2003, 12:31 PM

This is why I spend most of my time reading other forums on 2+2 and also RGP.This place is full of mindless trolls.
My intent was not to get into name caliing or promoting anyone .My intent was to voice my opinion on what this forum has become:too often this forum is full of useless self promotion which does nothing to help professional players.
That's all..
Old 09-11-2003, 12:36 PM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 09-11-2003, 12:42 PM

Default I\'m inclined to agree w/GG1

I think there are many posters in violation of this line of the rules: Participants may not use the Forums to post or transmit advertisements or commercial solicitations of any kind.

Now, the question is, am I guilty of this? I would think that outside my signature I'm not. But what about my sig? Well, besides having a bit of fun changing job titles, it's not there for selfish gain. It's there to post my association w/the site as per Mason's wishes. If, for some reason, my site doesn't qualify as what Mason was talking about, I'll gladly take it out.

So, that being said, I'll agree w/GG1 here and go so far as to say that sig files shouldn't be promo stuff. However, Eugene is just as guilty, if not more so, as anyone else.
Old 09-11-2003, 12:46 PM

Default Re: I\'m inclined to agree w/GG1

The voice of reason - good post mate.

Simon
Old 09-11-2003, 12:49 PM

things move on, goodguy - things evolve

there comes a time in many relationships where divorce is the only way forward for both parties to do their own thing - it looks like you've reached that point with this forum

you can't force a living entity to change back to the way you may have liked it - it's possible that it may change back of its own accord, but until that time comes, abusing the entity is not going to achieve anything accept invite animosity against the abuser

basically, you have to go with the flow - or bale out

if you want certain things discussed, then raise them in threads - if you are just hanging about on the outside waiting for others to start threads that you approve of, don't you think it's a little unreasonable to suddenly start a tirade against the subjects that the majority of the current active forum members don't seem to mind too much?

i'm not an affiliate and i doubt if i'll ever get round to being one, but unless it is outright poker advantage-type spam i don't have too much of a problem with people tagging notes of their status onto their interesting posts about other matters - and if i'm not interested in a thread i steer clear of it, as, i'm positive, many others steer clear of any of the bullshit that i often spout

drop out for a while, but pop back every now and then to see if the forum has evolved into something that interests you again

good luck, goodguy - i always liked your independent-minded posts